H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

+17
Jonesayy
gater.kiana
Devin McCullough
danirivera
BriaMcGhee1
Erika Edmonds
ROBBYECANADA
brianadreid16
Lara Hamdan
dkeiyathomas
alexushughes
ChrissyMaes
adamobrock
Kara Gordon
camenistic strickland
JessLockette
Admin
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 3 Empty Truth or Fiction; Did We Land On The Moon

Post  Keith Overall Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 am

When debating weither something is fact or ficiton its always a good idea to know both sides of the story. Knowing both sides of the story can lead to a better turnout and belief. Knowing one side of the story is lacking your knowledge. itsso easy to believe what we see because we are ignorant of the truth. we lack the knowledge or concept and believe whatever we hear or see first. The danger of not researching your source because it can be false, without you knowing. after watching both videos, my conclusion is that we did land on the moon, simply put that myth busters almostbusted all the myths and reasons as to why we did not land on the moon.

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Keith Overall Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 am

CamRivers95 wrote:2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.

Answer: First off In my response to the whole "CHANBANG!" lol! , my belief is that the Moon landing is possibly a hoax. In any science source whether it be biology, chemical, or physics determining the validity is very important . It is very importan that you look into both sides of an issue, just as if you were trialing an acused citizen before taking a stance on just one possible answer. When looking into the Moon landing , I see many possible answer that tell me the moon landing is a hoax. First possible reasoning is because of America's rush to beat out the Russians to the moon and what other better way to do than fake a national or international televised moon landing. This so being proved that it is very easy for the naked eye to believe what they see. The second reasoning was because of the facts thst have been proven. First we all should know by now there is very low gravity and atmosphere on the moon , making it impossible to have any type of wind current on the moon; flag moving in the video. Another reason was because in the video there were no stars present nin the background of the video. After watching myth busters some of the things were actually possible on the moon like the footprint and the shadow of the moon man. This proved that looking into the validty of source is very important , one fact may prove to be true but another might also. In regards to the moon landing, My opinion in 50/50 ,I believe that it is possible we did land on the moon because we could land the moon now making it possible we the space technology we had back then to land also, my disbelief is just its timing . I believe that NASA's first time going to the moon wasnt in the 60's. afro

i totally disagree on you cam with this one. mythbusters have busted a majority of the proposed reasons why its a hoax. The evidence was tested unlike the CBS one. Mythbusters used science and knowledge to gain a conclusion instead of what thye had seen

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 3 Empty Truth or Fiction; Did We Land On The Moon

Post  Keith Overall Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am

When debating weither something is fact or ficiton its always a good idea to know both sides of the story. Knowing both sides of the story can lead to a better turnout and belief. Knowing one side of the story is lacking your knowledge. itsso easy to believe what we see because we are ignorant of the truth. we lack the knowledge or concept and believe whatever we hear or see first. The danger of not researching your source because it can be false, without you knowing. after watching both videos, my conclusion is that we did land on the moon, simply put that myth busters almostbusted all the myths and reasons as to why we did not land on the moon.

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Keith Overall Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:08 am

Jonesayy wrote:This is Bria.... Sorry my post is late lol. There are always two sides to a story. You can't just listen to one side and say oh yeah thats the right one. If you don't listen to both sides then you won't know all the facts. Not having all the facts make u bias and if your bias you don't open your eyes up to what could be. In the first video in class we watched they had a lot of things to say but not a lot of evidence to back up what had happened. In the second video they break every single idea that the first video had demonstrating what would happen if u were on the moon. The thing about the second video is that they had facts actual facts and not just pictures. So if you listened to just the first video you would have no idea what would really happen becaus ethey had no solid proof just ideas. Then with the second video it opens up ur eyes to what really could of happened in my opinion. This is why you listen to two sides so you can examine all the facts and figure out what the truth is to u.

i totally agree with your point on this. you nailed it

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Kara Gordon wrote: It is important to make sure your source is valid or true because they might try to mislead you and it is always important to learn the truth even if you have to check out what other sources are saying like when you are doing a research project for school. It is important to do your homework and look at both sides of an equation because while one side has an argument another has evidence that discredits the other and if you really what to find out what is what then you need to hear both sides. It is so easy to believe everything that we see because it can be convincing and we like to believe that we can trust what other people are saying. The danger of not finding out the validity of a source is that you will have incorrect information and believing a lie. Depending on the situation it could not be so bad, but it is abarassing to find out you have believed a lie because you didn't check a source. After watching both videos I have to say that we still landed on the moon because the "evidence" can be disregarded through a few simple test.

I agree with Kara, one side could be trying to mislead you just so you will believe their story, even if it's not true.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Lara Hamdan wrote:The vailidity of a source is probably the most important thing in the science world. There are so many questions left to resolve that it might seem overwhelming. With so many answers needed in little time, many thoughts and ideas can occur.But how can we know which is the right right one. That's why we need evidence and a good statement to go along with it. The subject of science is a real and trusted topic that can't have answers that change overtime like a rumor. That's why when you have a solid source with evidence to back it up, there won't be an issue with who's side it's on or the any fact being "bias". A reason why many things are so easy to beleive when we see them is because every person wants answers and they want them fast and to the point. So fast that we fail to look deeper, between the 'lines' and figure out the real meaning or another peice of evidence.
However, on the subject on the moon hoax, my opinion stays the same. I never beleived the consperitors and i belived the US did land on the moon in 1969. Im glad the myth busters had done these tests to prove the point that we did land on the moon. Thats the evidence i believe one should have.

Lara is right, the most important thing in science is proving a point. Without your evidence being true, you have nothing to build your argument on.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Hamdan Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:57 pm

gater.kiana wrote:In science, it is definitely important to kno how reliable your source is. Before believing something and taking sides, you need to kno how valid your source is also. It is very important for us to look at both sides of each conflicts in a conspiracy, like the moon landing for instance. After watching the FOX video, many of my fellow classmates started questioning the moon landing and now have believed that we did land. My point is that before opening your mind to a debate of ideas you have to research and view both parties before really making your decision or joining a particular side. It is so easy to believe things we see because our minds are restricted to only one side of the story and are revealed to such convincing details it becomes hard to train our minds to not think the obvious. The bad part about not doing your research is the outcome. This could give you false information about what's really happening in the world around us. False information could lead to false beliefs and conflict. After watching both videos and viewing all details I possibly could, I still stand on that we did land on the moon. I do not believe NASA would waste that much money to plan a hoax to convince people we made it to the moon.

I see what you are saying and i agree, especially your point about NASA wasting time on money on something that that is very important to America and the world. They had an important task on their hands and they completed it.Smile

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Hamdan Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:00 am

[quote="alexushughes"]
camenistic strickland wrote: Unlike you I did believe that NASA would fool the whole world because it was in their capability, because being the first to land on the moon was a great honor and such a big deal. Mythbusters did do a good job of persuading people that the conspiracy theories were not real and proved that there was a way to show that and you cannot believe everything you see.

I agree with you Alexus, however i don't think in that time period America had the greatest capability of fooling the world because many fngers were being pointed at America for being a mess in the 1960's due to the hectic events that occured,and i beleive the landing on the moon is what started to give Ameria the capabuly to have such power. I also do agree that you can't believe everything you see.

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3