H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

+17
Jonesayy
gater.kiana
Devin McCullough
danirivera
BriaMcGhee1
Erika Edmonds
ROBBYECANADA
brianadreid16
Lara Hamdan
dkeiyathomas
alexushughes
ChrissyMaes
adamobrock
Kara Gordon
camenistic strickland
JessLockette
Admin
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:03 pm

JessLockette wrote: The importance of determining the validity of a source in science is, that you need a valid source in science, otherwise you are wrong and your evidence can't be proven. It is important to look at both sides of an issue because, eventhough you have your side, you still should look at the other side because your stance might change once you know both sides of the issue. It is sooo easy to believe the things that we see because, I think that humans just want a short simple answer to everything, so we just believe everything because we don't want to have to do tests to prove the theory wrong. We are just lazy people. The danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source is, that source could be wrong and you believe everything they say, so you will be thinking wrong thoughts about a subject. After watching both videos, my stance has changed. I now think that we actually did land on the moon because, the mythbusters proved all of the conspiracy theorists wrong with their tests.

I agree with you . . we do want just a straight up answer and at times that may not even be the right answer at that time.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  danirivera Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:46 pm

I had previoiusly seen the mythbusters episode when I watched the conspericy videos. If I hadn't seen mythbusters before, I would have probably been easily convinced by the evidence they brought up in the conspericy videos that the moon landing was a hoax. However, since I saw mythbusters I knew that all their arguements were "busted". It is important to do your homework and know and learn about both sides of the story so you can evaluate all the evidence and wisely determine which side to believe.

danirivera

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Still On The Fence

Post  Devin McCullough Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:58 pm

It is very important to determine the validity of a source in science because if your source is not correct, then you would be told false information. Also, it is important for us to do are homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance, so you are not so much in belief with one side and you don't know about the other, when it is possible that the other side is the one that is correct. The danger in not doing the research to ensure the validity of a source is that it could cause you to have wrong information. After watching both videos I'm still on the fence in regards to the moon the landing. In my opinion the Myth Busters video help prove that the events or examples that were pointed on the conspiracy videos could happen on Earth, so until i look up information that we did land on the moon I'm still on the fence.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Myth Busted ! Boo yeah !

Post  gater.kiana Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 am

In science, it is definitely important to kno how reliable your source is. Before believing something and taking sides, you need to kno how valid your source is also. It is very important for us to look at both sides of each conflicts in a conspiracy, like the moon landing for instance. After watching the FOX video, many of my fellow classmates started questioning the moon landing and now have believed that we did land. My point is that before opening your mind to a debate of ideas you have to research and view both parties before really making your decision or joining a particular side. It is so easy to believe things we see because our minds are restricted to only one side of the story and are revealed to such convincing details it becomes hard to train our minds to not think the obvious. The bad part about not doing your research is the outcome. This could give you false information about what's really happening in the world around us. False information could lead to false beliefs and conflict. After watching both videos and viewing all details I possibly could, I still stand on that we did land on the moon. I do not believe NASA would waste that much money to plan a hoax to convince people we made it to the moon.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Myth Busted ! Booyeah! Response 1

Post  gater.kiana Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 am

ROBBYECANADA wrote:2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.
ANSWER: Like a mentioned in my last response, I did additional research before I decided on my stance on the video. The first video that we saw about the moon landing was very convincing; all the evidence pointed toward us not landing on the moon, but after I saw the arguments against the arguments I wasn't too sure. If you don't know much about a topic, then it's best to do A LOT of research because just one source can have A LOT of false information. I think that we did land on the moon. First of all, I don't think that all of the people involved with the moon landing would lie about it. Lastly, the evidence shown in the video gave evidence as to why the odd things that made people believe that we didn't land on the moon occurred. It's still possible for everything to be a hoax, I just find it unlikely.
I totally agree with you Robbye. I had to do further information to be sure of myself also. Many sources can creat a lot of convincing information but if we don't be careful as o the validity of the source we could be fed false ideas about not just the moon landing but it all cases and scenarios.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Myth Busted! Booyeah! Response 2

Post  gater.kiana Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 am

BriaMcGhee1 wrote:It is extremely important to do your research in science because of the fact that when you hear one side then you automatically think that it is right. . the first conspiracy video that we watched had me thinking that the government was straight up lying to us! but after I watched the mythbuster video it made me rethink all of that. I think it is because the conspiracy theory video showed proof but the mythbuster video actually showed facts and did experiments to prove what they were saying. Now that i am confused about what to believe i know that when you hear both sides it can help or confuse you O_o . overall i think that they both showed good views on what was right and wrong.

I agree Bria. I can't lie the first video made me a little mind boggled, but it is important to hear both sides from reliable resources and keep your mind open to various parts of each argument. At the end of the day, it's still our choice what we believe or not.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Both sides

Post  Jonesayy Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am

This is Bria.... Sorry my post is late lol. There are always two sides to a story. You can't just listen to one side and say oh yeah thats the right one. If you don't listen to both sides then you won't know all the facts. Not having all the facts make u bias and if your bias you don't open your eyes up to what could be. In the first video in class we watched they had a lot of things to say but not a lot of evidence to back up what had happened. In the second video they break every single idea that the first video had demonstrating what would happen if u were on the moon. The thing about the second video is that they had facts actual facts and not just pictures. So if you listened to just the first video you would have no idea what would really happen becaus ethey had no solid proof just ideas. Then with the second video it opens up ur eyes to what really could of happened in my opinion. This is why you listen to two sides so you can examine all the facts and figure out what the truth is to u.

Jonesayy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonesayy Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 am

I agree with chrissy and aexus because basiclaly we all said the same thing and what we said is absolutley true. How ever you spell it

Jonesayy

Back to top Go down

Post  JessLockette Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am

[quote="Kara Gordon"] I agree w/ you it is always good to know the truth and to do research.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

Post  JessLockette Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 am

[quote="Jonesayy"] I agree that you shouldn't be bias about a subject.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

Post  brianadreid16 Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:32 pm

JessLockette wrote: The importance of determining the validity of a source in science is, that you need a valid source in science, otherwise you are wrong and your evidence can't be proven. It is important to look at both sides of an issue because, eventhough you have your side, you still should look at the other side because your stance might change once you know both sides of the issue. It is sooo easy to believe the things that we see because, I think that humans just want a short simple answer to everything, so we just believe everything because we don't want to have to do tests to prove the theory wrong. We are just lazy people. The danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source is, that source could be wrong and you believe everything they say, so you will be thinking wrong thoughts about a subject. After watching both videos, my stance has changed. I now think that we actually did land on the moon because, the mythbusters proved all of the conspiracy theorists wrong with their tests.

I Totally Agree But Now I Think That The Mythbusters Sort Of Proved That We Could 'nd Did Land On The Moon

brianadreid16

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisGonzalez Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:24 pm

It is important for us to do our homework on both sides of the story because if we dont then we would not have an understanding on why some people think its a hoax and why others dont. You cant choose a side with out seeing another side. You need to see evidence from both sides and then you may choose an argument you agree with. i thought we didnt land on the moon until i saw the myth busters. It is so easy to believe what we see because it is there in front of us. Sometimes we just trust people on television and think that they are telling the truth. On televison when it is live there no point in thinking its fake. Our mind just takes it in like it nothing. we dont take the time to see if it real or not. we believe it because they have evidence right in front of us, so why shouldnt we believe it. It is danger to not do research because they could lie to you and you wouldnt know it. When they were showing the men landing on the moon on television, would you think that was some type of lie. no you wouldnt. so doing the research is very important. you want proof. I believe we landed on the moon. We have evidence and the myth busters proved most of the myths to be true. an example would be the foot imprint in the sand. you need a place that has no air. like a vacuum suction. when they tested it, it proved that the foot imprint was real on the moon.

AlexisGonzalez

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisGonzalez Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 pm

[quote="Jonesayy"] I agree with Bria. In the first video there wasnt really any facts to back up what they were saying. Like when they said the foot print wasnt real. They said the foot print wouldnt of shown up or the fact that the men in the space suits were not suppose to be visible when the men first came out the lunar. The people who didnt believe just had the facts of what they thought should of happened. In the first video, they never tested the idea out. In the second video, the myth busters show more evidence. The Mythbusters showed more evidence on how the shoe imprint was suppose to show on the moon because it has no air. No moisture to make it disappear. The mythbusters also proved that the men were suppose to show up even in pictures with there white spacesuits.

AlexisGonzalez

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisGonzalez Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:45 pm

[quote="Lara Hamdan"] : I agree with Lara. We do want answers fast and when we get them, then we just agree with them. You proved a great point.

AlexisGonzalez

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin McCullough Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:53 pm

AlexisGonzalez wrote:It is important for us to do our homework on both sides of the story because if we dont then we would not have an understanding on why some people think its a hoax and why others dont. You cant choose a side with out seeing another side. You need to see evidence from both sides and then you may choose an argument you agree with. i thought we didnt land on the moon until i saw the myth busters. It is so easy to believe what we see because it is there in front of us. Sometimes we just trust people on television and think that they are telling the truth. On televison when it is live there no point in thinking its fake. Our mind just takes it in like it nothing. we dont take the time to see if it real or not. we believe it because they have evidence right in front of us, so why shouldnt we believe it. It is danger to not do research because they could lie to you and you wouldnt know it. When they were showing the men landing on the moon on television, would you think that was some type of lie. no you wouldnt. so doing the research is very important. you want proof. I believe we landed on the moon. We have evidence and the myth busters proved most of the myths to be true. an example would be the foot imprint in the sand. you need a place that has no air. like a vacuum suction. when they tested it, it proved that the foot imprint was real on the moon.

I agree with you Alexis because what you say is very true. It is very easy to believe something when it is right in front of you.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin McCullough Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 am

ROBBYECANADA wrote:2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.
ANSWER: Like a mentioned in my last response, I did additional research before I decided on my stance on the video. The first video that we saw about the moon landing was very convincing; all the evidence pointed toward us not landing on the moon, but after I saw the arguments against the arguments I wasn't too sure. If you don't know much about a topic, then it's best to do A LOT of research because just one source can have A LOT of false information. I think that we did land on the moon. First of all, I don't think that all of the people involved with the moon landing would lie about it. Lastly, the evidence shown in the video gave evidence as to why the odd things that made people believe that we didn't land on the moon occurred. It's still possible for everything to be a hoax, I just find it unlikely.

Yea robbye you do make a lot of sense when you put it like that. So I agree with you too.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Check me out,LOOK>.!!

Post  Jharold21 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Trust and beleive, wehn dealing with science, doing your homework is VERY important. You have to study and research each side of the story and each point of veiw, but in the end, everyone had their on opinion and you have to make the descision yourself on wat you believe in---and honestly, like i said before, we will never know. The mythbusters had some great points as well as the conspericy theory, but They didnt go to the moon and get acutuall evidence and for all we know the conspericy theory people could be HATIN on Neal Armstrong.....so i dont know were i stand. You can say IM NUETRAL!!!

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Nice

Post  Jharold21 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 pm

AlexisGonzalez wrote:It is important for us to do our homework on both sides of the story because if we dont then we would not have an understanding on why some people think its a hoax and why others dont. You cant choose a side with out seeing another side. You need to see evidence from both sides and then you may choose an argument you agree with. i thought we didnt land on the moon until i saw the myth busters. It is so easy to believe what we see because it is there in front of us. Sometimes we just trust people on television and think that they are telling the truth. On televison when it is live there no point in thinking its fake. Our mind just takes it in like it nothing. we dont take the time to see if it real or not. we believe it because they have evidence right in front of us, so why shouldnt we believe it. It is danger to not do research because they could lie to you and you wouldnt know it. When they were showing the men landing on the moon on television, would you think that was some type of lie. no you wouldnt. so doing the research is very important. you want proof. I believe we landed on the moon. We have evidence and the myth busters proved most of the myths to be true. an example would be the foot imprint in the sand. you need a place that has no air. like a vacuum suction. when they tested it, it proved that the foot imprint was real on the moon.

Great points and i can see where your coming from

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty I feel you BRUH

Post  Jharold21 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 pm

gater.kiana wrote:
BriaMcGhee1 wrote:It is extremely important to do your research in science because of the fact that when you hear one side then you automatically think that it is right. . the first conspiracy video that we watched had me thinking that the government was straight up lying to us! but after I watched the mythbuster video it made me rethink all of that. I think it is because the conspiracy theory video showed proof but the mythbuster video actually showed facts and did experiments to prove what they were saying. Now that i am confused about what to believe i know that when you hear both sides it can help or confuse you O_o . overall i think that they both showed good views on what was right and wrong.

I agree Bria. I can't lie the first video made me a little mind boggled, but it is important to hear both sides from reliable resources and keep your mind open to various parts of each argument. At the end of the day, it's still our choice what we believe or not.

I completely understnad where your coming from Bria

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Jharold21 wrote:Trust and beleive, wehn dealing with science, doing your homework is VERY important. You have to study and research each side of the story and each point of veiw, but in the end, everyone had their on opinion and you have to make the descision yourself on wat you believe in---and honestly, like i said before, we will never know. The mythbusters had some great points as well as the conspericy theory, but They didnt go to the moon and get acutuall evidence and for all we know the conspericy theory people could be HATIN on Neal Armstrong.....so i dont know were i stand. You can say IM NUETRAL!!!
I agree with you all the way . it was hard for me to decide what i believed and didnt . ecspecially after watchin the mythbusters. the only way to be is neutral really .

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty Cam Rivers Response to Myth Buster Video On Moon Theory.!

Post  CamRivers95 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 pm

2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.

Answer: First off In my response to the whole "CHANBANG!" lol! , my belief is that the Moon landing is possibly a hoax. In any science source whether it be biology, chemical, or physics determining the validity is very important . It is very importan that you look into both sides of an issue, just as if you were trialing an acused citizen before taking a stance on just one possible answer. When looking into the Moon landing , I see many possible answer that tell me the moon landing is a hoax. First possible reasoning is because of America's rush to beat out the Russians to the moon and what other better way to do than fake a national or international televised moon landing. This so being proved that it is very easy for the naked eye to believe what they see. The second reasoning was because of the facts thst have been proven. First we all should know by now there is very low gravity and atmosphere on the moon , making it impossible to have any type of wind current on the moon; flag moving in the video. Another reason was because in the video there were no stars present nin the background of the video. After watching myth busters some of the things were actually possible on the moon like the footprint and the shadow of the moon man. This proved that looking into the validty of source is very important , one fact may prove to be true but another might also. In regards to the moon landing, My opinion in 50/50 ,I believe that it is possible we did land on the moon because we could land the moon now making it possible we the space technology we had back then to land also, my disbelief is just its timing . I believe that NASA's first time going to the moon wasnt in the 60's. afro

CamRivers95

Back to top Go down

Post  CamRivers95 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Jharold21 wrote:Trust and beleive, wehn dealing with science, doing your homework is VERY important. You have to study and research each side of the story and each point of veiw, but in the end, everyone had their on opinion and you have to make the descision yourself on wat you believe in---and honestly, like i said before, we will never know. The mythbusters had some great points as well as the conspericy theory, but They didnt go to the moon and get acutuall evidence and for all we know the conspericy theory people could be HATIN on Neal Armstrong.....so i dont know were i stand. You can say IM NUETRAL!!!

TRUE DAT.! afro

CamRivers95

Back to top Go down

Post  CamRivers95 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Jharold21 wrote:

Great points and i can see where your coming from

GOOD POINT

CamRivers95

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax - Page 2 Empty I See YOU BOY, TYRna b all DEEP

Post  Jharold21 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:12 pm

CamRivers95 wrote:2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.

Answer: First off In my response to the whole "CHANBANG!" lol! , my belief is that the Moon landing is possibly a hoax. In any science source whether it be biology, chemical, or physics determining the validity is very important . It is very importan that you look into both sides of an issue, just as if you were trialing an acused citizen before taking a stance on just one possible answer. When looking into the Moon landing , I see many possible answer that tell me the moon landing is a hoax. First possible reasoning is because of America's rush to beat out the Russians to the moon and what other better way to do than fake a national or international televised moon landing. This so being proved that it is very easy for the naked eye to believe what they see. The second reasoning was because of the facts thst have been proven. First we all should know by now there is very low gravity and atmosphere on the moon , making it impossible to have any type of wind current on the moon; flag moving in the video. Another reason was because in the video there were no stars present nin the background of the video. After watching myth busters some of the things were actually possible on the moon like the footprint and the shadow of the moon man. This proved that looking into the validty of source is very important , one fact may prove to be true but another might also. In regards to the moon landing, My opinion in 50/50 ,I believe that it is possible we did land on the moon because we could land the moon now making it possible we the space technology we had back then to land also, my disbelief is just its timing . I believe that NASA's first time going to the moon wasnt in the 60's. afro

True. Technology was Stupid lame back then lol!

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm

CamRivers95 wrote:2. Discuss the importance of determining the validity of a source in science. Why is it important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance? Why is it so easy to believe things that we see? What is the danger in not doing research to ensure the validity of a source? After watching both videos, where do you stand in regards to the moon landing? Be sure to support your stance.

that is what i been sayin the WHOLE TIME . you jst put it in more words. even thouqh its hard to believe tht they even went to the moon . the mythbusters really qot me thinking . . i dnt know what to think . im straight confused confused

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next