H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

+21
CamRivers95
ChrissyMaes
Jharold21
Devin McCullough
CiaraSmith
AlexisGonzalez
ROBBYECANADA
Lara Hamdan
danirivera
adamobrock
jackie!!schultz
dkeiyathomas
Logan Huddleston1
brianadreid16
BriaMcGhee1
camenistic strickland
Erika Edmonds
alexushughes
Jonesayy
JessLockette
Admin
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Watch the FOX video, "Conspiracy Theory." Reflect on the video and answer ONE of the following questions. In addition to your posted reflection, respond to the postings of TWO of your classmates.

1. According to the video, 20% of all Americans do not believe that we actually landed on the moon. What things about the lunar landing made people believe that we did not land on the moon (discuss 3 things)? Do you think that there is sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy?

2. Find other websites that either support or refute the claims made in this video. Provide the URL, as well as a summary of the supportive/refutive information on the site.

The video can be found on YouTube in 5 separate clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5MVVtFYTSo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b309_YspwMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CpNoI4WGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8qzDJwYjro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiCKy41zZMU

Initial Posting: Due Thursday, August 25 at 11:59 pm.
Response Postings: Due Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 pm.

Admin
Admin

https://ahancock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty MOON LANDING

Post  JessLockette Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Pieces of evidence that have led people, and myself, to believe that we did not land on the moon are: 1. The American flag was waving around on the moon.There is no air on the moon, so why would the flag wave around like there was some type of wind. 2. The lighting. This video has led me to believe that there was artificial lighting. For example, the shadows of the rocks and astronauts were in different directions compared to where the shadows were that the sun makes. 3. The radiation levels around the Earth. As they stated in the video, the radiation around Earth is miles thick. The radiation levels would affect them, but apparently the astronauts in Apollo 16 weren't affected. (really?) 4. Lastly, the pictures that were taken were crystal clear. The astronauts had cameras on there chests, so how could they take amazing pictures when they couldn't even see the camera screen? Question All four of these pieces of evidence support why I think that the Moon Landing was truly a hoax.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Where is all the evidece?

Post  Jonesayy Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

I do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? In the video they claim the atronaunts say the same things as a movie that was made before that. Well the moon could really have just been like that and he explained it how it is. They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough eidence to me they have pictures and they can not fully explain them. So I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again. this is Bria Jones by the way

Jonesayy

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  Jonesayy Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm

[quote="JessLockette"] I feel what you say has relevance , but I do not think it is right. You only know what the man says in the video. U have not been to the moon and neither has he. He only knows facts from what he thinks is true and has no backup whats so ever since he has not been to the moon.

Jonesayy

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  JessLockette Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 pm

[quote="Jonesayy"] I guess I just believed the evidence that the man said, instead of thinking about the opposing side. And I just agreed w/ everything they said on why they think the moon landing was a hoax.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Conspiracy Theory Thoughts

Post  alexushughes Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm

There were many things said in the videos that explain why many people think we didn't land on the moon. One that I thought was a good point was that there was artificial lighting. The only source of light on the moon was the sun and the astronauts didn't have flashlights or anything else to create light with them. In one of the pictures, the astronaut was getting off the lunar module but you could still see his entire body lit up even though he was in the shadow of the module, and then again is the same thing in a picture on another mission. In another picture of the module, you could see the sun behind it yet you could also see the front of it, including the detail of it. Since the only source of light was the sun, then it wouldn't be possible to be able to see the astronaut and the craft lit up so brightly when there was a shadow cast over it. In a video of NASA landing on the moon, the flag is waving, but there is no air on the moon therefore also no wind, which you would need to have it waving. The dust on the moon is another reason that NASA could not have landed on the moon. The rocket engine should have blasted away dust off the surface of the moon creating a dust crater, but none pictures showed that there was. There also was not dust even landed on the module, which it should have if the dust flew up when the module landed. I believe there was enough points of evidence to create this theory, and that it is pretty believable but I'm not completelyy convinced that we didn't land on the moon.

alexushughes

Back to top Go down

Post  alexushughes Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 pm

[quote="JessLockette"] I think you used good evidence to support your decision. It doesn't make sense that the video said the cameras were strapped to their chests, but the pictures were very clear even though they weren't able to take such still, bright, clear pictures themselves and they couldn't even see what they looked like before they took them, but when the pictures turned out you would think they were looking right through the lens. Also, how the astronauts survived the mission there and back is a mystery, when the radiation levels were really high and they all came back safe and still healthy.

alexushughes

Back to top Go down

Post  alexushughes Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm

[quote="Jonesayy"] Of course we will truly never know if we landed on the moon or not unless someone goes back. However I think they know that the moon has no air because they've seen the surface and studied it over time and can tell that nothing has moved which concludes that there is no air or wind. Also I think that Area 51 probably became off limits after the space shuttle mission so that they could keep the secret forever that we didn't land on the moon or NASA got permission from the government to enter it and of course they agreed because we wanted to be the first ones to land on the moon.

alexushughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Erika Edmonds Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

In the video, the moon landings were made to look like an inadequate cover up of America's fail to send a man to space. The lighting was pointed out, in how rock shadows would intersect, installing the belief that there was more than one light source. The flag waving was also mentioned because there was no air in space so it was impossible for it to move. There was also a segment in which they sped up astronauts walking and a land rover go kart thing racing across the ground. It was made to look like they were going at regular speed and they had actually been slowed down on tv. I personally am ambivalent to this. The video points out a lot of good questions. The flag did seem to be waving for some other reason than he was having a hard time putting it in the ground. The lighting is another story to me. Honestly, how difficult is it to change a picture anymore? Someone could have just changed the shadows to fit the conspiracy. The speed up slow down segment was totally ludicrous to me. If you videotaped me walking very slow and then you pressed fast forward, wouldn't it look like i was walking regular speed? We all know that gravity makes you slower. I really don't know enough about space to take a side on this. But, why would the government waste all that money when we are in a double-dip recession? afro

Erika Edmonds

Back to top Go down

Post  Erika Edmonds Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 pm

[quote="JessLockette"] I understand what you mean about the cameras, but don't you think they learned how to use them sometime in their training?

Erika Edmonds

Back to top Go down

Post  Erika Edmonds Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm

[quote="alexushughes"] Why would the dust automatically settle? The gravity is different on the moon, so once dust comes up, it might not come down right away. Like what with Mr. Laney was saying with the Big Bang, stuff just went everywhere and took a very long time to settle. Maybe that's what's happening with the dust.

Erika Edmonds

Back to top Go down

Post  camenistic strickland Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

First of all, the part talking about all the murders and photos being similar to each other was extremely ominous, i mean it gave me goose bumps. Now, many of these critics saying we didn't go to the moon have never been to the moon themselves, so how can they speak for everyone when they're not completely sure themselves!!!! I MEAN THEY'VE NEVER BEEN!!!!!! But I will say that some of their evidence seemed convincing, like the photos being similar, editing errors, and odd shadow angles. Other than this the only strange thing to me was all the astronauts dying at odd times..... Shocked Everything else seemed normal and without solid evidence, I don't beleive I could accept the fact that my government of supposedly 'greatest country in the world' would have the audacity to lie to the world and its own people in a historical event like that. scratch

camenistic strickland

Back to top Go down

Post  camenistic strickland Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Erika Edmonds wrote:In the video, the moon landings were made to look like an inadequate cover up of America's fail to send a man to space. There was also a segment in which they sped up astronauts walking and a land rover go kart thing racing across the ground. It was made to look like they were going at regular speed and they had actually been slowed down on tv. Honestly, how difficult is it to change a picture anymore? Someone could have just changed the shadows to fit the conspiracy. The speed up slow down segment was totally ludicrous to me. If you videotaped me walking very slow and then you pressed fast forward, wouldn't it look like i was walking regular speed? We all know that gravity makes you slower. I really don't know enough about space to take a side on this. But, why would the government waste all that money when we are in a double-dip recession? afro

-I totally agree with this quote from Erika, the conspirators could've changed the evidence just to fit their argument, but since the majority of Americans have never been to space or the moon, experienced space or the moon, and can percieve virtually no solid evidence of the moon how can we be sure of either side. Of course I still have hope that our government would not have lied and wasted money to simply make the world beleive it could do the impossible and keep an inspirational man's promise.... Suspect

camenistic strickland

Back to top Go down

Post  camenistic strickland Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Jonesayy wrote:I[b] do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough evidence to me so I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again.

camenistic strickland

Back to top Go down

Post  camenistic strickland Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="alexushughes"]
Jonesayy wrote: Of course we will truly never know if we landed on the moon or not unless someone goes back. However I think they know that the moon has no air because they've seen the surface and studied it over time and can tell that nothing has moved which concludes that there is no air or wind. Also I think that Area 51 probably became off limits after the space shuttle mission so that they could keep the secret forever that we didn't land on the moon or NASA got permission from the government to enter it and of course they agreed because we wanted to be the first ones to land on the moon.

-I thought the moon had no atmosphere...it does orbit and the earth and rotate on an axis. So there might be a slight breeze...hm. Neutral
Otherwise, because of all the technological advancements and government projects conducted in Area 51 previous to the space mission(WWII), it was bound to be off limits to the public for "NATIONAL SECURITY INTERESTS".... So this debate can go either way because none of us have been to the moon, the evidence is also very.....easily altered through technology and the right knowledge too. Yep alien

camenistic strickland

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 am

After watching all of the videos I personally feel like it is all FAKE! I think this because they have evidence of editing problems and the shadows/ lighting while they were on the moon. It is also very ironic how almost everyone who had anything to do with the moon landing surprisingly passed away. How Convenient is that? Another thing is that how could the flag be moving around like that when there is no breeze on the moon. And even if there was a chance of a breeze it wouldn't be that strong. All evidence points to it being fake. If you really think about it, when we just stand outside in the summer we are burning up and even get sunburned regardless of what we are wearing, so how could they be so close and not even mention how hot they were Question I just don't believe it at all.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:07 am

Erika Edmonds wrote:In the video, the moon landings were made to look like an inadequate cover up of America's fail to send a man to space. The lighting was pointed out, in how rock shadows would intersect, installing the belief that there was more than one light source. The flag waving was also mentioned because there was no air in space so it was impossible for it to move. There was also a segment in which they sped up astronauts walking and a land rover go kart thing racing across the ground. It was made to look like they were going at regular speed and they had actually been slowed down on tv. I personally am ambivalent to this. The video points out a lot of good questions. The flag did seem to be waving for some other reason than he was having a hard time putting it in the ground. The lighting is another story to me. Honestly, how difficult is it to change a picture anymore? Someone could have just changed the shadows to fit the conspiracy. The speed up slow down segment was totally ludicrous to me. If you videotaped me walking very slow and then you pressed fast forward, wouldn't it look like i was walking regular speed? We all know that gravity makes you slower. I really don't know enough about space to take a side on this. But, why would the government waste all that money when we are in a double-dip recession? afro

You make a good point when you say anyone can be sped up when walking slow and make it look like it is normal speed. But I wanted to respond to you saying "why would the government waste all that money when we are in a double-dip recession? First off, the government can really do whatever they want. . the U.S. is extremely greedy and want what they know they can't have. Second, the government gets away with alot more than we know. In some peoples eyes they look as if the government can do no wrong. When really. . . They do it all the time. We just never find out because they start killing off the people who know the truth.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  brianadreid16 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:20 am

I Honestly Dont Know What To Think Anymore.....I Did Think That The Evdience Provided That Doesnt Believe The Moon Landing Happened Is Very Substantial, But What If It Did Happen? I Would Honestly As An American Would LOVE To Believe That The Moon Landing Happened, I Just Feel Like NASA Should Do Something To Finally Put The Theories To Rest. If They Dont Then I Will Begin To Question The Moon Landing Too, But If They Do Then I'll Be Happy About Putting All The Theories Aside. Shocked (this was my face while watching the videos) lol

brianadreid16

Back to top Go down

Post  JessLockette Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 pm

[quote="Erika Edmonds"] Maybe the goverment wanted America to believe that we won the spacerace against Russia. They just wanted America to stay the dominant country. scratch

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

Post  brianadreid16 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Erika Edmonds wrote:In the video, the moon landings were made to look like an inadequate cover up of America's fail to send a man to space. The lighting was pointed out, in how rock shadows would intersect, installing the belief that there was more than one light source. The flag waving was also mentioned because there was no air in space so it was impossible for it to move. There was also a segment in which they sped up astronauts walking and a land rover go kart thing racing across the ground. It was made to look like they were going at regular speed and they had actually been slowed down on tv. I personally am ambivalent to this. The video points out a lot of good questions. The flag did seem to be waving for some other reason than he was having a hard time putting it in the ground. The lighting is another story to me. Honestly, how difficult is it to change a picture anymore? Someone could have just changed the shadows to fit the conspiracy. The speed up slow down segment was totally ludicrous to me. If you videotaped me walking very slow and then you pressed fast forward, wouldn't it look like i was walking regular speed? We all know that gravity makes you slower. I really don't know enough about space to take a side on this. But, why would the government waste all that money when we are in a double-dip recession? afro

AGREED!...Some speculation made a lot of sense to me and some didnt....but the whole slow down fast fwd thing looked like a less believeable piece of evidence

brianadreid16

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Moon Landing

Post  Logan Huddleston1 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:10 pm

I still think that we landed on the moon. Yes there are some good arguments that got me thinking, but there are still some arguments that i can shoot down. One of which is the brightness in the shadows, think people, how is it that we can some times see the moon at night, it reflects the suns light. It would just make sense if it made the items in the pictures, even in the shadows, bright, easy to see. Also with the horrible footage, i know they already said it, but still, there technology was horrible back then. When they showed the clip that was on earth( part 4 3:35) i could barely understand them.

Logan Huddleston1

Back to top Go down

Post  dkeiyathomas Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

[quote="alexushughes"] I agree with you because as I was watching and listening to the videos, I suddenly began to feel that the landing on the moon was a total conspiracy.

dkeiyathomas

Back to top Go down

Post  dkeiyathomas Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:20 pm

I believe that sending a man to the moon was just a hoax. I believe this because of the "flag waving on the moon." There is no air on the moon so how could the flag blow in the wind. Second, i believe that this was all a conspiracy because they say the astronauts had on cameras. The astronauts couldn't even see the screen of the camera. All that was taken was some pictures. The pictures should have been blurry and unable to see. The artificial light is another reason to believe the conspiracy. The only light was the sun. The sun gave off light which was the only light source that the astronauts could use. They didnt have any flashlights so why were the pictures and footage so clear and how were their entire bodies so visible when pictures were shown. Also, when the astronauts rode off away from the moon, dust should have been on the lunar landral. There was nothing but the footsteps left on the moon.To me, the entire going to the moon and landing on it was a conspiracy.

dkeiyathomas

Back to top Go down

Post  dkeiyathomas Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm

[quote="BriaMcGhee1"]I totally agree with you because after the videos, it made me begin to really think if the landing was even real. They used enough evidence for me to change my mind and think that the landing was fake.

dkeiyathomas

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory Empty Moon Landing

Post  jackie!!schultz Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 pm

While this documentary did raise a few good arguments to the conspiracy, I am still convinced that we did in fact land on the moon. It just does not make sense that the government would spend $40 billion on a program that didn't even make it to the moon. They employed thousands upon thousands of people, spent 10 years preparing for this endeavor, got all the technology together, and then didn't? One of the main controversies was about the "faked" photos and videos. If NASA really did want to make fake videos and photos, don't you think they would do a good job, so people would not be so quick to question them? Why would they intentionally do a poor job if they figured that some people would be bound to investigate? There will always be conspiracy theorists for any major event in history; but I don't think there is enough evidence in their argument to believe that we never made it to the moon. The MythBusters actually tried to replicate most of the actions astronauts took on the moon, but could not do so. They concluded that the conspiracy claims are false, that we actually landed on the moon. If it's good enough for the MythBusters, it's good enough for me!

jackie!!schultz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next