H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

+22
megan Gates
Cheli Foster
RandallJYoung
lindsay-moody
Zach Huhmann
Nic Stewart13
a-ri.11
Azia Aldridge
maryamnewman
JennyHuynh123
david71795
BriannaMoore
Cassandra Carpenter
chrisprincivalli
Ben Johnson
ssaraheadess
kurt.ragan
KristinaRider
ScubaSteve.Smith
DanManzella
Arock iHurdle
Admin
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  JennyHuynh123 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 pm

ScubaSteve.Smith wrote:Before watching the video i believed that we did land on the moon. The video had some real key points and evidence about saying we didn't. They discussed that the flag that was to be on the moon was moving, but yet there is no wind. Also he mentioned that most rockets didn't even get into orbit, let alone send men to the Moon and get them back to Earth safely. He says that the lunar lander didn't have a blast crater from its landing and departure from the Moon. To me, that sounds very fishy and should investigated in depth more. This information is very sufficient and interesting. It gets your brain thinking hard and gives you a new perception of "man on the moon".

Steve I'm with you but I've honestly have made up my mind that we did not land on the moon. There's nothing on the moon that proves us that man has been on the moon and I doubt that NASA can prove it wrong.

JennyHuynh123

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  JennyHuynh123 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm

I agree with you 100%. There should be a big red flag to everybody that all of the astronauts have died after this big "man on the moon" victory. Theres to many errors and NASA was just trying to beat the Russians. America will do anything to be at the top. Enough said. Chris you are right.

JennyHuynh123

Back to top Go down

Post  maryamnewman Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Before watching the video I had been already skeptical about whether or not the US landed on the moon then. After the given evidence in the video, I still believe that the landing was false. As said before, by the "wind" on the moon and multiple shadows are examples of clear evidence that it was false. Im beginning to belive that it may have been a scam in order to convince the Soviet Union that the US is more technologically advance than they are.

maryamnewman

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Makes me think!

Post  Azia Aldridge Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:04 pm

From watching those videos, i think we really didn't land on the moon. Just like the men said if they really put that flag in the moon, how did it start moving? I think they just want us to believe that a human actually stepped foot on the moon, and was walking around it. So if someone was trying to go, they will stop and think to they self someone already went up there. I think the humans that people said landed didn't get to land on the moon, but i do think were in space.

Azia Aldridge

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Conspiracy maybe??

Post  a-ri.11 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

1. According to the video, 20% of all Americans do not believe that we actually landed on the moon. What things about the lunar landing made people believe that we did not land on the moon (discuss 3 things)? Do you think that there is sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy?

Watching the conspiracy theory video made it somewhat understable as to why many Americans would see the lunar landing as a skeptic possibly because of the waving flag placed in the ground, the footprints being imprinted into the land and there being no blast crater beneath the lunar lander. The fact that there is no air on the moon yet the flag was waving made Americas' lunar landing "accomplishment" sort of skeptical as well as the foot prints still seeming as though never touched stayed imprinted in the ground after the powerful blast of the rocket considering that the surface of the moon is dust. Also there was no blast crater, which is needed to fire the engine of the rocket. I think that there is sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy but I also think that the people who strongly believe that the landing was a conspiracy should have more indepth evidence to support the arguement.

a-ri.11

Back to top Go down

Post  a-ri.11 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I kind of disagree because if the many Americans who believe that the lunar landing was a conspiracy dont necessarily have enough evidence then should'nt there be more evidence that NASA did actually land on the moon and being that the conspiracy is a theory, how would we possibly know that NASA landed on the moon? From the only evidence we really have...what we've seen on tv?

a-ri.11

Back to top Go down

Post  a-ri.11 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 pm

I agree, considering that majority of America was led to believe that we did actually land on the moon and now all of sudden having evidence of a possible hoax makes the landing very skeptical.

a-ri.11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Stewart13 Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Before i watched this video I was 100% sure that we landed on the moon. But once you watch some of the evidence shown in the videos you kinda wonder. How could the flag be waving when their is absolutely NOTHING to effect it.. no air, no atmosphere, not anything. Then, the video stats that the crater hole where the spaceship landed should'nt be there due to the departure or landing. Not only that, but the dissapearance of the stars during the video raises even more questions. It gets you thinking that maybe our landing was staged just to claim the fact we "reached" the moon first. That America would go to any lengths to say that and it makes me wonder did we actually land on the moon..overall a really good eye-opener Very Happy

Nic Stewart13

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Huhmann Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Neutral I can not decide whether i agree or disagree with the video. Personally a lot of questions they asked can be explained and it looks as if the video is very one sided like it is supposed to convince you that the whole thing was a hoax. One thing that can be explained from my stand point is the matter on the the sound of engine because sound can not be heard in space as it is a vacuum sound has nothing to move though, but NASA could of used the clarity (or lack of it) of televisions at the time to make it seem like they did land on the moon with a little "movie magic". So i could go on and on with a overly long argument but the videos format (showing what they think first so you will believe that instead of the facts proving it wasn't hoaxed mixed it [I couldn't watch the whole thing because of a migraine]) shows that they want you to believe what they believe air-go the video is doing its job.

Zach Huhmann

Back to top Go down

Post  BriannaMoore Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 pm

maryamnewman wrote:
Before watching the video I had been already skeptical about whether or not the US landed on the moon then. After the given evidence in the video, I still believe that the landing was false. As said before, by the "wind" on the moon and multiple shadows are examples of clear evidence that it was false. Im beginning to belive that it may have been a scam in order to convince the Soviet Union that the US is more technologically advance than they are.

I think that the US will try to do anything to be ahead and seem more powerful, even if that means lying to everyone.

BriannaMoore

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Interesting, but im not comvinced.

Post  lindsay-moody Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 pm

I do find it interesting all the information gathered to support the theory that NASA never sent a man to the moon. However, I am skeptical of the accusations. If the conspirators say that NASA faked photos, don't you think the conspirators could have tampered with the photos as well? When the footage of the astronauts walking an the moon was played, I noticed that in the initial speed, the astronauts looked more like they were galloping and jumping awkwardly from one foot to both feet, and they always showed the astronauts coming toward the camera at the regular speed, and then when the astronauts were going away from the camera, at twice the speed, it seemed like they were running normally- no jumping or galloping. I am also incredibly skeptical of the claim made to murdering men who knew too much. Being an astronaut is a dangerous job, and its is comparable to being a crash dummy. Camera angles, did intrigue me, but if hundreds of thousands of photographs were taken as i suspect they were, lighting could have varied from picture-to-picture, angle-to-angle.
All i can say is an agreement with one of the last statements made in the Conspiracy theory, but the opposite view. Unless someone had an incredibly powerful telescope, (Not NASA because another source would be necessary for objective information) and no evidence of a lunar landing was seen, I do not believe that NASA staged this hoax.

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

Post  RandallJYoung Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Before watching the video I 100% completely believed that the US had landed on the moon but, the video opened my eyes to the numerous flaws in the "evidence" that was shown to millions of Americans.

John F Kennedy gave the US a rough timeline on May 21, 1961 he told congress "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth. " This deadline was beat by Apollo 11 with 161 days to spare. This gave the US a motive to lie about landing on the moon.

The shadow images also need to be explained they are the biggest flaw in my opinion

RandallJYoung

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Mind WARBLING!!!!

Post  Cheli Foster Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am

I honestly never could have even thought that NASA could have faked the landing on the moon. But I can agree with all of their arguments. The two that really warble my mind are the one about the flag flapping with no atmosphere! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?! But then again I could beieve their argument because they said the footprint is still on the moon's surface. Unless they put a shoe on one of their robots they sent there for data, I donot see how that part could be faked. NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE! I want to believe that we have more integrity than that..... But I really don't. We live by the dollar and being the best, we are definantly selfish enough to fake it as to stay on top within the world. This entire theory has just completly warbled my mind and I just don't know. But if I had to pick a side, I'd say the almight dollar once gain caused us to be the true bully and get to the top the wroong way instead of using the vast amount of potential we have in this country. We HAVE to stop living in the moment.

Cheli Foster

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty =/ U Believe That...?

Post  megan Gates Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 am

I still think we landed on the moon. I mean the videos give amazing facts on why we should believe that we "didn't" land on the moon. Like how they pointed out that the pictures taken in "space" did not have stars in the back ground. Everybody knows that outer space is filled with stars, so when you don't see them in the picture's background it would make you question....Huhm WAS this just a big lie? Also, when the video states that NASA faked the launch to the moon because the U.S government seeked world dominance and wanted to win the "space race" against Russia, this statement is another good fact the video uses because it gives the whole "lie" a motive. This puts up a good defense towards thier arguement for the non-believers like me, because the non-believers are going to ask questions like "why would our government lie to us about somthing like that?... don't they have better things to do?" or "whats so special about going to the moon". So when the conspiracy agents address these questions before they're asked it elimenates that doubt in the non-believer's mind. My feelings towards this though, is despite all the evedince the conspiracy agents show i still will stick with my original thought, that we DID land on the moon. I just feel that with all the evedince the conspiracy shows us: alot of evedince can also be shown that we did land on the moon. That just puts one persons word against another. So until i fly to the moon myself and am able to conjure up my own facts, im just gonna go with... suuuure we went to the moon in 1969....why not.

megan Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheli Foster Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:07 am

I really like that you thought outside the box and picked up on these key points within the accusers' stories. I definantly can see where your thought process is going and I really enjoyed that you took the time to explain that to your audience. While we did spend alot of time trying to make it to the moon, honestly we spent too much time on that. We were not a landslide in front of the other countries competing to get there too. So yes we spent too much time!We may have been running out so much that NASA deemed it necessary for us to remain a world power and fake it. I am by no means saying that is what happened I am merely saying could it??? We have never been to the moon eithier, many have not. We merely have an opinion like they do. But they are specialized experts in some cases and is there really a time when we have fully set aside our personal beliefs anyway?????
ssaraheadess wrote:After watching the video, I'm still thinking we landed on the moon.
One of the things that confused me about the first guy's theory was that we got into to space, orbited the Earth for eight days, and then came back. We had spent so much time even trying to get off the ground, and we finally succeeded. If we were planning to go to the moon, why wouldn't we at least try to make it to the moon?
Also, with the shadows, in my head it semi makes sense that they would be in different directions. Since there's no atmosphere, the light might bend in different ways. I'm no light/shadow expert, that's just how I'm thinking.
The Apollo 1 story made no sense as to why that would be a reason we didn't make it to the moon. There were 10 more until Apollo 11. Scientists would have adjusted the system until it was running correctly. It seemed more like a sob story than anything.
What really makes me think that the conspiracy theory is false is that none of the sources have ever said they went to the moon. How would they possibly know if their ideas are true? All they have are just their own personal beliefs and so called "evidence." If you bring personal belief and the slightest proof it might have happened into it, you can exaggerate everything.
While most of the video makes sense, there's just not enough information to change my mind.

Cheli Foster

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Hmmmm

Post  BrittanyE Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 am

Ben Johnson wrote:Before watching the series of films I believed that man had accually landed on the moon, but during the films many interesting facts were pointed out, one being that there is no air in space so how could the flag be flying, although there has been some speculation that it was an optical illusion and the flag was not accually moving. Another key point was the blast crater, if the lander had taken off there should have been a crater where it had taken off. One more key point was there being shadows i different areas of the pictures yet the sun is the only light source on the moon which means the landing could have been staged. Even if the government is lieing or not, im still kind of borderline on whether man has accually landed on the moon. I'm going to wait until there is more sufficient evidence before i decide which side i'm on because, it could go both ways scratch
I agree we have been taught all of our lives that we landed on the moon but then you see all this evidence that we didn't and you get caught between the two. Question

BrittanyE

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty OMG

Post  BrittanyE Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:28 am

KristinaRider wrote:I had never heard of this conspiracy until now. I always thought it happened. One thing I saw that could of been a hint that it was a hoax was the flag moving like there was wind, but there isnt any wind on the moon. Also, they mention the "footage from the Moon" could of been filmed in Area 51. This makes so much sense because as mentioned in the video, the buildings resembled sound studios, and the land around it has craters resembling the Moon. They also Mention the video quality and how grainy it was. NASA said that the quality was bad because of technology from the 1960's. I think that since the photo took good quality pictures, the video camera would of had good quality. NASA may of changed the quality from good to grainy. I'm now on the fence on whether or not it actually happened. I've always learned that it did happen. All the errors that Bill Casing pointed out makes complete sense. I think that if NASA did fake it, they did it to outshow Russia. Shocked
I forgot all about the great space race but I agree the only motive they would have to fake the moon landing and lie to America was to beat the soviets.

BrittanyE

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Reply #1.

Post  ssaraheadess Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 am

Cassandra Carpenter wrote:I still believe that he did land on the moon. Though they had good therioes on how we didn't land on the moon, they still didn't have alot of truth in what they were saying. Many can have different anwsers on why the flag was waving, or if it even was waving at all and just moving. Many can ask why someone would even have a reason to put so much work in to proving that someone else is wrong and questiong all the hard work they did. Some people just don't want to except the fact that we are the first to land on the moon and we didn't FAKE it.We worked hard and long until we reached our goal. Until they have real facts and truth to what they are saying,then thats when i'll believe that we didn't land on the moon. In my opinion we did land on the moon.!@>

You and I have the same view on this. Everyone's going to have a different perspective on what really happen. I also believe that none of the sources had enough real truth to what they were saying. Anyone can twist something into something else. But I guess that's what we get for living in America. We all want to be right, and fight our opinions until the other one gives up.

ssaraheadess

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Reply #2.

Post  ssaraheadess Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am

KristinaRider wrote:I had never heard of this conspiracy until now. I always thought it happened. One thing I saw that could of been a hint that it was a hoax was the flag moving like there was wind, but there isnt any wind on the moon. Also, they mention the "footage from the Moon" could of been filmed in Area 51. This makes so much sense because as mentioned in the video, the buildings resembled sound studios, and the land around it has craters resembling the Moon. They also Mention the video quality and how grainy it was. NASA said that the quality was bad because of technology from the 1960's. I think that since the photo camera took good quality pictures, the video camera would of had good quality. NASA may of changed the quality from good to grainy. I'm now on the fence on whether or not it actually happened. I've always learned that it did happen. All the errors that Bill Casing pointed out makes complete sense. I think that if NASA did fake it, they did it to outshow Russia. Shocked

You did bring up a good argument about the photo/video quality. The only idea to explain that would be that the photographic part of the camera could have been more developed more than the video. I would have to see the camera in order to prove it, but technically, the actual photo camera was first invented in the 1820s and the video around 1860s. They have had 40 more years to improve the photo quality. The first video camera wasn't even video, it was a spinning wheel that basically acted as a flipbook, while the first camera took the image, but then faded away quickly (already more advanced). It kinda makes sense that the photos have better quality.

ssaraheadess

Back to top Go down

Post  serenasomerville Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 pm

ScubaSteve.Smith wrote:Before watching the video i believed that we did land on the moon. The video had some real key points and evidence about saying we didn't. They discussed that the flag that was to be on the moon was moving, but yet there is no wind. Also he mentioned that most rockets didn't even get into orbit, let alone send men to the Moon and get them back to Earth safely. He says that the lunar lander didn't have a blast crater from its landing and departure from the Moon. To me, that sounds very fishy and should investigated in depth more. This information is very sufficient and interesting. It gets your brain thinking hard and gives you a new perception of "man on the moon".
i totally agree with you. when you think of what we are capable of doing to get ahead in the united states i wouldn't be suprised that we faked. don't forget about the astronauts talking over the engine, its near impossible to hear what they are saying.

serenasomerville

Back to top Go down

Post  serenasomerville Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 pm

ssaraheadess wrote:
KristinaRider wrote:I had never heard of this conspiracy until now. I always thought it happened. One thing I saw that could of been a hint that it was a hoax was the flag moving like there was wind, but there isnt any wind on the moon. Also, they mention the "footage from the Moon" could of been filmed in Area 51. This makes so much sense because as mentioned in the video, the buildings resembled sound studios, and the land around it has craters resembling the Moon. They also Mention the video quality and how grainy it was. NASA said that the quality was bad because of technology from the 1960's. I think that since the photo camera took good quality pictures, the video camera would of had good quality. NASA may of changed the quality from good to grainy. I'm now on the fence on whether or not it actually happened. I've always learned that it did happen. All the errors that Bill Casing pointed out makes complete sense. I think that if NASA did fake it, they did it to outshow Russia. Shocked

You did bring up a good argument about the photo/video quality. The only idea to explain that would be that the photographic part of the camera could have been more developed more than the video. I would have to see the camera in order to prove it, but technically, the actual photo camera was first invented in the 1820s and the video around 1860s. They have had 40 more years to improve the photo quality. The first video camera wasn't even video, it was a spinning wheel that basically acted as a flipbook, while the first camera took the image, but then faded away quickly (already more advanced). It kinda makes sense that the photos have better quality.
you make a good argument but some of the things ju st dont add up. the fact that they clam that they footage from the moon was from area 51. when in actuallity that footage may or may not have been from area 51 it could of been actaully from the moon, no one really knows.

serenasomerville

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsay-moody Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:57 pm

a-ri.11 wrote:I agree, considering that majority of America was led to believe that we did actually land on the moon and now all of sudden having evidence of a possible hoax makes the landing very skeptical.

well... i don't think that any guy who comes up with a bunch of evidence should be automatically accepted as telling the truth. You cant believe everything you hear. (or see)

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

5th Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Could it be?????

Post  Hayz.Adkison Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Watching this viedo has a lot going through my mind. I've always believed that we did land on the moon and it was a great huge step for the U.S.A. This video makes me wonder if we really did or not. His evidence seem really strong. Everyone who believes we never landed on the moon is able to give strong evidence on why they think that. They are able to back-up their opinion quite fairly.

I think that if anything was left on the moon that it wouldn't be there. Never really put that much thought into it but there is no gravity on the moon. With that being said how is it possible that everything was to stand still? How is that everything could stay in place long enough for accurate pictures and long enough for them to gather anything they need for the moon? Everyone wonders that if someone else was to go back to moon that they would find the American's remains that were left behind; I don't think this is true because gravity doesn't exists so how would the equipment stay put?

The pollo crew stated that the ground had a dusty or sand like texture to it. With this being said I don't think that leaving a footprint behind is poosible. I think it would quickly disappear, espcially with all the moving around done by the astronauts. I also think that once they started to head back to Earth that the ship would of blown everything away with the force of the fire left some type of mark in the moon's surface. This video gave me more reasons on why you DON'T believe erything you hear.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsay-moody Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:08 pm

chrisprincivalli wrote:To me there is no possible way that we landed on the moon Mad .1! the radiation from the sun would of killed the asternuts ( i dont know how to spell) before they would have ever returned. Another fact backing my opinion up is that there is no wind in space and guess what theres wind in the pictures! nasa really shot themselves in the foot with that. Also the few astronauts that died randomly from errors or malfunctions of the rocket ship were really killed by nasa or our government. They were probably going try to black mail nasa saying if you dont give us X amount of money we will tell the world this is all a big hoax to win the cold war and say we are the better country than soviet Russia. So Nasa said Ha! nice try and instead of paying them out they quietly killed all the rogue astronauts. Another proof of this huge government scandal is the photography. The crosshairs are edited in there! For the film clips all they did was slow it down! ( Slow motion!) Slow motion came out in 1957 and was used in the japanese movie 7th samurai. We " landed on the moon" in 1969 so the technology was advanced enough to make our moon landrover seem like it was in space.
We did not go to the moon, but thats ok as a country it was our number 1 goal to beat the russians and we did which shaped this country into a huge superpower. The goal wasnt to land on the moon it was to come out on top no matter what the cost!

Chris, that is a bit of a stretch with the blackmail... i do understand the USA wanting to beat Russia in the space race, but I seriously doubt that a hoax this elaborate could or would be done by NASA without more people knowing about it. And i know it is interesting that these conspirators would come out with all this new information, but unless someone took a look at the moon through a super strong telescope and did not see the American flag, then i see no reasonn to even consider the idea that we did not land on the moon.

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayz.Adkison Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Nic Stewart13 wrote:Before i watched this video I was 100% sure that we landed on the moon. But once you watch some of the evidence shown in the videos you kinda wonder. How could the flag be waving when their is absolutely NOTHING to effect it.. no air, no atmosphere, not anything. Then, the video stats that the crater hole where the spaceship landed should'nt be there due to the departure or landing. Not only that, but the dissapearance of the stars during the video raises even more questions. It gets you thinking that maybe our landing was staged just to claim the fact we "reached" the moon first. That America would go to any lengths to say that and it makes me wonder did we actually land on the moon..overall a really good eye-opener Very Happy

I agree with you completely. This video leaves alot of question marks over my head. But i think that the flag could just be moving around becasue the astronauts were moving. I also think the flag wouldn't be able to stay in place becasue the moon isn't suppose to have gravity. How would it stay in place? The statement about would Americans go this far just to say we landed there first shows just how selfish we really are. I think Americans really need to change their attitudes.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next