H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

+21
CamRivers95
ChrissyMaes
Jharold21
Devin McCullough
CiaraSmith
AlexisGonzalez
ROBBYECANADA
Lara Hamdan
danirivera
adamobrock
jackie!!schultz
dkeiyathomas
Logan Huddleston1
brianadreid16
BriaMcGhee1
camenistic strickland
Erika Edmonds
alexushughes
Jonesayy
JessLockette
Admin
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  Devin McCullough Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 pm

JessLockette wrote:Pieces of evidence that have led people, and myself, to believe that we did not land on the moon are: 1. The American flag was waving around on the moon.There is no air on the moon, so why would the flag wave around like there was some type of wind. 2. The lighting. This video has led me to believe that there was artificial lighting. For example, the shadows of the rocks and astronauts were in different directions compared to where the shadows were that the sun makes. 3. The radiation levels around the Earth. As they stated in the video, the radiation around Earth is miles thick. The radiation levels would affect them, but apparently the astronauts in Apollo 16 weren't affected. (really?) 4. Lastly, the pictures that were taken were crystal clear. The astronauts had cameras on there chests, so how could they take amazing pictures when they couldn't even see the camera screen? Question All four of these pieces of evidence support why I think that the Moon Landing was truly a hoax.

I agree with your reasons of why you would think the moon landing was a hoax. I like how you added the fact about the radiation levels around earth and the cameras on the astronauts's chests. Those factors really make you think about whats going on.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  ROBBYECANADA Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 pm

[quote="camenistic strickland"]
I am going to have to disagree with the first thing that you said. Just because the people saying that we didn't go to the moon never went there themselves doesn't mean that they don't know what they're talking about. There is a thing called science that backs up their ideas. But I do agree with the part about the government I don't think that they would lie about such a large scale discovery.

ROBBYECANADA

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin McCullough Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm

dkeiyathomas wrote:I believe that sending a man to the moon was just a hoax. I believe this because of the "flag waving on the moon." There is no air on the moon so how could the flag blow in the wind. Second, i believe that this was all a conspiracy because they say the astronauts had on cameras. The astronauts couldn't even see the screen of the camera. All that was taken was some pictures. The pictures should have been blurry and unable to see. The artificial light is another reason to believe the conspiracy. The only light was the sun. The sun gave off light which was the only light source that the astronauts could use. They didnt have any flashlights so why were the pictures and footage so clear and how were their entire bodies so visible when pictures were shown. Also, when the astronauts rode off away from the moon, dust should have been on the lunar landral. There was nothing but the footsteps left on the moon.To me, the entire going to the moon and landing on it was a conspiracy.

I understand exactly what you mean when you say that the moon landing was a conspiracy because of all the facts and examples the people gave. Your right when you talk about the pictures, the lighting, and the dust. These things also make me wonder about the moon landing and if it was a hoax or not.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

Post  ROBBYECANADA Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm

BriaMcGhee1 wrote:After watching all of the videos I personally feel like it is all FAKE! I think this because they have evidence of editing problems and the shadows/ lighting while they were on the moon. It is also very ironic how almost everyone who had anything to do with the moon landing surprisingly passed away. How Convenient is that? Another thing is that how could the flag be moving around like that when there is no breeze on the moon. And even if there was a chance of a breeze it wouldn't be that strong. All evidence points to it being fake. If you really think about it, when we just stand outside in the summer we are burning up and even get sunburned regardless of what we are wearing, so how could they be so close and not even mention how hot they were Question I just don't believe it at all.
I see how you can thing that it's all a fake, but did you do any additional research... because it seems like ALL of your opinions were based entirely off the videos. The evidence presented in the videos was valid, however there are many other sources on youtube that explain your examples to be possible on the moon. You could be right, but you should do a little bit more research to be more sure.

ROBBYECANADA

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 3 Empty The Cold War + Panic = Moon Landing Hoax

Post  Keith Overall Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 pm

The 60s marked an historical rememberance of America. The landing of America on the moon, showed the world who was the real power house. With it ending the Cold war and allowed america to be the top dog. But was the landing on the moon a hoax? Theres reasonable doubt after numeous of interesting evidence. One of the main evidence that the landing was fake was the fact that the flag was waving out of space where there is no wind or gravitiy. Another is the fact that there was no blast rocket at the bottom of the ship. In any of the pics, this is very interesting. How would they have gotten to the moon with no blast rocket to help propel them. My favorite evidence is the fact that the astronauts were not affectrd by the suns radiation or the radiation belt, thats 500 miles above earth. during the landing the world witness the suns biggest flare ever recorded. This had to affect the astronauts of they did land on theoon. With all the evidence showed,
there
is reasonable doubt that america has landed on the moon.

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

Post  Keith Overall Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:49 pm

adamobrock wrote:While I do acknowledge that there was a great deal of evidence, I still do not think that the moon landing was faked. True, NASA could have doctored videos and photos. But on the other hand, so could have the conspiracy theorists. In my mind, conspiracy theorists will go to great measures to prove their side correct. The conspiracy theorists have a great amount of evidence. Too great an amount of evidence. elephant The NASA spokesperson also seems to have no defense on these accusations. Had there been an actual coverup, I believe they would send in a more...enthusiastic? spokesperson to do the job. I think that to have such a great amount of evidence as the theorists do, some things would have to either be made up or simply lied about.

Obrock, i can totally agree. I still believe we landed even though there was interesting evidence. Theres reaosnable doubt. But theres reasonable doubt in everything. I believe these are once rich and popular astronauts and intellictual people who now need money to pay for their bills and may have resorting in this documentary to gain currency.

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

Post  Keith Overall Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Kara Gordon wrote: Do I believe that we landed on the moon...up until this past week I would have said yes, but now I am not so sure. ln the movie there were some very convincing evidence. First, they talk about the fact that the flag on the moon waved eventhough there is no wind on the moon. Then there is area 51 that could have been used to film a fake moon landing. Lastly, there are the suspicious deaths of various astronauts and people involved with the moon landings. Even with those facts, I still can't be decided because I didn't really hear much of the other side and their evidence that we landed on the moon.
Kara, me and you both have experienced the same feeling. This was a one sided argument with little to no defense for the other side. To hear both side and decide will be the best choice

Keith Overall

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:53 pm

camenistic strickland wrote:
Jonesayy wrote:I[b] do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough evidence to me so I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again.

[quote=danirivera]I'm on Bria's side. Yes, with th evidence they give it is easy to say it is all a hoax. But at the same time there is just as much, if not more evidence that we actually did land on the moon. Like Bria said, we might be wrong and will never truly know. But I like to believe our government would not fool us like that.

danirivera

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 pm

danirivera wrote:I see what Loagan is saying. I agree with you that there are some arguements like the photos and the lighting that got me thinking. But in the end I like to think we did land on the moon.

danirivera

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 pm

jackie!!schultz wrote:While this documentary did raise a few good arguments to the conspiracy, I am still convinced that we did in fact land on the moon. It just does not make sense that the government would spend $40 billion on a program that didn't even make it to the moon. They employed thousands upon thousands of people, spent 10 years preparing for this endeavor, got all the technology together, and then didn't? One of the main controversies was about the "faked" photos and videos. If NASA really did want to make fake videos and photos, don't you think they would do a good job, so people would not be so quick to question them? Why would they intentionally do a poor job if they figured that some people would be bound to investigate? There will always be conspiracy theorists for any major event in history; but I don't think there is enough evidence in their argument to believe that we never made it to the moon. The MythBusters actually tried to replicate most of the actions astronauts took on the moon, but could not do so. They concluded that the conspiracy claims are false, that we actually landed on the moon. If it's good enough for the MythBusters, it's good enough for me!

Jackie makes a good point, I don't think the government would waste so much money on a program and spend so much time and energy on it if it didn't really happen.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 am

ROBBYECANADA wrote: Shocked The evidence from the video gives ALOT of support to the idea that the moon landing was a fake. The evidence is kinda hard to argue with. First of all, the moving of the flag, the location of the filming and the filming/lighting all showed why people thought this was faked. How did the flag move without the moon having wind? Or why was the lighting of the film off if the astronauts only had one source of lighting? I did some additional research to find the answers to these questions. This video answered these questions. Personally, I'm on the fence; conspiracy theories to me all seem kinda bogus... I trust the government, so I don't think that they would fake something so major. However, the evidence is hard to prove wrong... I don't see a way other than that for it to be proven other than sending out satellites to show footage of the moon. confused

I agree, the only way we will ever know if it was a hoax or not is if we see satellite footage of the moon. I think the video said that Japan is going to do that in two years or something, so I guess we'll know then.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 3 Empty I agree

Post  Jharold21 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:50 am

Jonesayy wrote:I do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? In the video they claim the atronaunts say the same things as a movie that was made before that. Well the moon could really have just been like that and he explained it how it is. They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough eidence to me they have pictures and they can not fully explain them. So I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again. this is Bria Jones by the way

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 3 Empty Conspiracy theory

Post  Trey Neal Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm

[left] What a Face I really don't believe that the videos had enough evidence to prove that the moon landing was a hoax. The evidence that they did give could have been challanged in many different ways, so I personally think we went to the moon.

Trey Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3