H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

+21
CamRivers95
ChrissyMaes
Jharold21
Devin McCullough
CiaraSmith
AlexisGonzalez
ROBBYECANADA
Lara Hamdan
danirivera
adamobrock
jackie!!schultz
dkeiyathomas
Logan Huddleston1
brianadreid16
BriaMcGhee1
camenistic strickland
Erika Edmonds
alexushughes
Jonesayy
JessLockette
Admin
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Seems Too Much

Post  adamobrock Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 pm

While I do acknowledge that there was a great deal of evidence, I still do not think that the moon landing was faked. True, NASA could have doctored videos and photos. But on the other hand, so could have the conspiracy theorists. In my mind, conspiracy theorists will go to great measures to prove their side correct. The conspiracy theorists have a great amount of evidence. Too great an amount of evidence. elephant The NASA spokesperson also seems to have no defense on these accusations. Had there been an actual coverup, I believe they would send in a more...enthusiastic? spokesperson to do the job. I think that to have such a great amount of evidence as the theorists do, some things would have to either be made up or simply lied about.

adamobrock

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  adamobrock Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

[quote="BriaMcGhee1"]I agree that there is a lot of evidence behind the theorist's case. But where there is room for NASA to doctor video, there is just as much room for them to change it as well. When you look at it from that perspective, both sides could be equally as guilty. And why would NASA spend $40 billion to create a few hours of poor quality video? It just doesn't add up to me.

adamobrock

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory

Post  adamobrock Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 pm

[quote="jackie!!schultz"]I totally agree with you (especially about the mythbusters). If NASA wanted to convince people, they would not make such a poor video. They are supposed to have the best technology in the world, so a higher-quality camera or transmitter should not be that hard to come by. There is too much evidence behind the conspiracy, and that just doesn't seem right. There should be equal amounts of evidence on both sides.

adamobrock

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:25 pm

After watching the video, I think that they have good evidence to support the conspirecy theorey. Like the pictures being fake, that there is no wind on the moon, and that the lightning was posed. I, however, disagree with them. I think the governement has more respect than to fool everyone. And also the mythbuster episode makes me convinced that we did land on the moon. This hoax is BUSTED.

Last edited by danirivera on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i messed up)

danirivera

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty I don't see the argument...

Post  Lara Hamdan Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 pm

I am not really a conspirator(?), and this video proves to me why I'm not really one.
First off, I do believe that the USA had landned on the moon in 1969, I don't doubt it. This video however, does have to have some key points in trying to prove its point, i just dont believe it.
The first issue i had was the flag. Just because the air doesn't have the same conditions as Earth, it does not mean that the air on the moon was completley still. Plus there is no gravitational force to hold the flag down which could prove why the flag was waving.
The second issue was with the "claims" about if the video was valid or not. They had pointed out that the lighting was fake and that there was not any starts in the background. I think that is because the video quality was very different 50 years ago compared to the high definiton camera we are used to today. Also there was not much light besides the sun light the moon recieves. And I don't think there was much computer edits invented a long time ago, How do we know that the consperitors(?) did not alter the videos?
The third claim i had a problem with was the people trying to say that the accidents that ended up killing those astronauts were not really accidents. I think that is a very rude statement because the death of someone is a very touchy subject and blaming it on the government when youi have little proof is very ignorant.

Overall, sure there was some points that could have one thinking, but i do not agree because even if the USA had not gone to the moon in 1969, they did many times after and i think the consperitors(?) did ot have national pride and wanted something to blame the government for.

A link i have that proves we did go to the moon is:
braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm
On this website, Bill Kaysing points out every claim and explains what he thinks is wrong with it and gives very reasonable answers which is still why i believe the USA did land on the moon in 1969.

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Hamdan Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 pm

danirivera wrote:After watching the video, I think that they have good evidence to support the conspirecy theorey. Like the pictures being fake, that there is no wind on the moon, and that the lightning was posed. I, however, disagree with them. I think the governement has more respect than to fool everyone. And also the mythbuster episode makes me convinced that we did land on the moon. This hoax is BUSTED.

I agree with you Dani, I think the government has more respect for the country and the people, I highly doubt they would pull a hoax like that especially after WWII.Smile

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Hamdan Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Jonesayy wrote:I do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? In the video they claim the atronaunts say the same things as a movie that was made before that. Well the moon could really have just been like that and he explained it how it is. They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough eidence to me they have pictures and they can not fully explain them. So I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again. this is Bria Jones by the way

I agree with you Bria, especially about the Area 51 pictures, and also there is little gravity to hold down a flag so of course it will end up moving around.

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Kind of Confused...{ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlo_spATEM }

Post  ROBBYECANADA Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Shocked The evidence from the video gives ALOT of support to the idea that the moon landing was a fake. The evidence is kinda hard to argue with. First of all, the moving of the flag, the location of the filming and the filming/lighting all showed why people thought this was faked. How did the flag move without the moon having wind? Or why was the lighting of the film off if the astronauts only had one source of lighting? I did some additional research to find the answers to these questions. This video answered these questions. Personally, I'm on the fence; conspiracy theories to me all seem kinda bogus... I trust the government, so I don't think that they would fake something so major. However, the evidence is hard to prove wrong... I don't see a way other than that for it to be proven other than sending out satellites to show footage of the moon. confused

Last edited by ROBBYECANADA on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

ROBBYECANADA

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty alexisgonzalez wrote:

Post  AlexisGonzalez Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 pm

The moon landing mostly in the video was a hoax to me. In the pictures there are Cross hairs. They are suppose to be in front of the pictures that were taken on the cameras. In some of those pictures there are evidence that somebody messed with them because the cross hairs are behind the picture. In Apollo 11, the cross hair is behind the equipment in the picture. In Apollo 12, the American flag had a cross hair behind it. Why is it that we took pictures and then the cross hair ended up behind the equipment or the flag. There is no way we could have changed the position of the cross hairs after the picture was taken. In NASA, there were many deaths that lead to the mission of going to the moon. They were very suspicious. Thomas Ronald Baron had made a remark to the press that we would never make it to the moon. He even wrote a 500 page paper on it. He was going to release secrets. He died in train wreck but his paper was never found. Very suspicious. If the astronauts went to the moon, how did they get passed the radiation. They should have died from that because they didn't have enough shielding to protect them from the radiation. It was said that they needed 6 ft of shielding to get passed the radiation. Even if they did get passed they would have to over come other problems like the sun storms. Usually causes cancer, loss of hair and death. If we did land on the moon, shouldn't we have evidence left over besides the foot prints. Maybe Area 51 is protecting something from the world. Why cant they show us anything? It might of been a hoax. I am not for sure because some evidence doesn't add up to me.

AlexisGonzalez

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Thoughts on Hoax

Post  CiaraSmith Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm

My thoughts are that the man to the moon was hoax to restore hope back in America..I belive this is a hoax because of the flag blowing on the moon there is no wind in space.we are meant to believe that the setting around the moon is dark so therefore there wouldnt be enough light to create shadows.or take clear pictures.even the astronauts had doubts about if they could go to the moon and they all ended up dead..a total of ten astronaunts end up dead isnt something that just happens.How could u even get past the radiation belts that rt around are earth to get to space? U wud mostly likely burn..I dont think america is that advance to create something to get past this.They also showed pics and there were no stars u r in space u would think the stars wud burn even brighter now that ur closer to them. I think not landing i on the moon is more believable to me than actually landing on the moon at least to me.

CiaraSmith

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty On The Fence

Post  Devin McCullough Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 pm

After watching the videos I really don't know if I still believe that we landed on the moon. The people on the videos had many good theories to support why they believe we did not land on the moon. First, there were no stars in the lunar sky, being on the moon the stars should appear somewhat closer and brighter then they would on Earth, yet there were none in sight. Second, there were no blast craters on the moon where the rockets landed. The blast from the rocket should have left some kind of mark or dent on the moon, though there were still many footprints left on the surface. Third, in the videos of the astronauts there was supposedly a two and a half mile gap between the locations from day one to day two, yet the locations look exactly the same on both vidoes. These theories make me believe that we did not land on the moon, but i would like to hear from the the people that do believe that we landed on the moon before i make my final decision.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Jordan Thinks..

Post  Jharold21 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

After watching this video of the conspiracy theory, it deffinately makes you think. The thoughts, theories, and assumptions made by the researches are mind bogoling, but the invigorating thing was that they made since. True there is no air on the moon and the landing could of easily been fake, but the fact is we will never know. We can sit here an think all we want, but the only way we will know is if somebody had absolute proof about the landing being a hoax. So if you ask me its a matter of beleif. Do you trust our government? Do you beleive in them? Could it of all been a hoax to boost American moral......these are you have to ask yourself....AND FOR ME....I really dont know, but i believe it could've been faked. That would be Scan but hey.....like i said idk rabbit

Jharold21

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:16 am

When Ms. Hancock told us that there were people that believed that Americans never landed on the moon I was shocked. I never thought it was something that NASA could or would make up, and I never even knew that people had a theory that it was a hoax. The videos on the hoax theory show some very good points that NASA could have made landing on the moon seem real when it really never happened, such as the flag waving when the astronaut was planting it in the moon, which made it appear that wind was blowing it; the cross hairs in the pictures being behind the objects; and the lighting in the pictures that made the shadows go in different directions when there was only one light source. The evidence almost convinced me that landing on the moon was a complete hoax. However, Mythbusters made some very good points that convinced me the theory is false, such as the waving of the flag being possible solely because of the momentum it took to plant it in the moon; the topography of the moon being the reason that the shadows were not parallel and why they went in different directions; the reflective surface of the moon being the reason that the astronaut was completely clear in the picture where he stands in the shuttle's shadow; and the footprint being possible because of the moon dust.
When I tried to post the links to the videos the site said "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." But the video can be found on youtube if you search Mythbusters Moon Landing and watch Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 1 HQ, Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 2 HQ, Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 3 HQ, Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 4 HQ, Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 5 HQ.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Cam's point of view Moon and Man

Post  CamRivers95 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 am

In a basic answer I do agree with the video that the apollo mission was a conspiracy and a lie of ever landing on the moon. The reason so being were for simple video traits the narrotors and the people interview on the documetary say and proved. One trait was that in the video the flag was waving , in a supposlble non atmosphere area( MOON) ,making it hard to belive it this was posssible for the flag to have movement. Another example was the trait of any stars being in the background of the video and moon and the apollo ship did not leave a crater where it had landing and took off , from its powerful rocket engines. Those are simples reason why I agree with the conspiracy theory, I belive the moon mission misssion is a fake also.

CamRivers95

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty We didn't go to the moon?

Post  gater.kiana Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 am

The video showed an argument that many question, did Americans really go to the moon? The answer to that is your own faith and belief. The video pointed out the fact that the pictures looked altered. Back in the 1960s, graphic design wasn't as advanced as it was now, leaving more room to make mistakes and possibly, not even the ability to alter the photos. If that is the case, maybe we did go to the moon. The Fox video also pointed out lighting and duplicated environments. Certain landscaping did seem fairly the same, but could it be possible that the moon is similar all over? Could it be since there is no wind and barely an atmosphere? This brings me to another hint. If there is indeed no atmosphere, how could the American flag move? In this video the scientists explained this and how a suit is made and to survive with them, only more evidence to fight against this victory. Personally, I still hold true to my original belief, we did land the lunar module on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin did set foot on the moon. The video posed great details and arguments that beg to differ, but, as I said, this dispute is a battle of faith and belief. So really, we didn't go to the moon? Question

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Moon Landing conspiracy theory

Post  Kara Gordon Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Do I believe that we landed on the moon...up until this past week I would have said yes, but now I am not so sure. ln the movie there were some very convincing evidence. First, they talk about the fact that the flag on the moon waved eventhough there is no wind on the moon. Then there is area 51 that could have been used to film a fake moon landing. Lastly, there are the suspicious deaths of various astronauts and people involved with the moon landings. Even with those facts, I still can't be decided because I didn't really hear much of the other side and their evidence that we landed on the moon.

Kara Gordon

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty response

Post  Kara Gordon Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:17 pm

gater.kiana wrote:The video showed an argument that many question, did Americans really go to the moon? The answer to that is your own faith and belief. The video pointed out the fact that the pictures looked altered. Back in the 1960s, graphic design wasn't as advanced as it was now, leaving more room to make mistakes and possibly, not even the ability to alter the photos. If that is the case, maybe we did go to the moon. The Fox video also pointed out lighting and duplicated environments. Certain landscaping did seem fairly the same, but could it be possible that the moon is similar all over? Could it be since there is no wind and barely an atmosphere? This brings me to another hint. If there is indeed no atmosphere, how could the American flag move? In this video the scientists explained this and how a suit is made and to survive with them, only more evidence to fight against this victory. Personally, I still hold true to my original belief, we did land the lunar module on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin did set foot on the moon. The video posed great details and arguments that beg to differ, but, as I said, this dispute is a battle of faith and belief. So really, we didn't go to the moon? Question
You have a good point Kiana, I feel that there is not enough evidencde yet to really change my opinion on whether or not we landed on the moon, so I guess for now that I will remain with my belief that they really did land on the moon.

Kara Gordon

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Enough Evidence?

Post  Kara Gordon Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:24 pm

JessLockette wrote:Pieces of evidence that have led people, and myself, to believe that we did not land on the moon are: 1. The American flag was waving around on the moon.There is no air on the moon, so why would the flag wave around like there was some type of wind. 2. The lighting. This video has led me to believe that there was artificial lighting. For example, the shadows of the rocks and astronauts were in different directions compared to where the shadows were that the sun makes. 3. The radiation levels around the Earth. As they stated in the video, the radiation around Earth is miles thick. The radiation levels would affect them, but apparently the astronauts in Apollo 16 weren't affected. (really?) 4. Lastly, the pictures that were taken were crystal clear. The astronauts had cameras on there chests, so how could they take amazing pictures when they couldn't even see the camera screen? Question All four of these pieces of evidence support why I think that the Moon Landing was truly a hoax.
You have brought up some good points, but what about the evidence that has been found supporting a moon landing? I feel that the movie didn't show enough of the other side to determine that and I think one would need to research on their own some more to be able to truly say whether or not the moon landing happened or not.

Kara Gordon

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Response 1 We didn't go to the moon?

Post  gater.kiana Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Jonesayy wrote:I do not believe there is enough evidence to say the moon landind was a hoax. I say this because they have no proof but pictures. They tell how there is no air on the moon , but how do they really know how the moon's environment is if they have not been there? In the video they claim the atronaunts say the same things as a movie that was made before that. Well the moon could really have just been like that and he explained it how it is. They say that the area 51 is off limits so how woud they get pics of a place that is off limits? They do not have enough eidence to me they have pictures and they can not fully explain them. So I believe that we did really land on the moon. I might be wrong but we will never know truely unless someone goes on the moon brings a flag and records the whole thing all over again. this is Bria Jones by the way

I agree with you totally Bria. How can a man that, yes has worked for NASA, but has never been to the moon, tell me that those men did not land. He does make good observations, but on the opposing side, our side, we have a lot of great evidence that we did land. These such as how in the world did we witness the men falling from the sky back to home Earth or how did we have new, fresh moon rocks. I stick to my very first belief that we did land on the moon.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Conspiracy Theory - Page 2 Empty Response 2 We didn't go to the moon?

Post  gater.kiana Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 pm

dkeiyathomas wrote:I believe that sending a man to the moon was just a hoax. I believe this because of the "flag waving on the moon." There is no air on the moon so how could the flag blow in the wind. Second, i believe that this was all a conspiracy because they say the astronauts had on cameras. The astronauts couldn't even see the screen of the camera. All that was taken was some pictures. The pictures should have been blurry and unable to see. The artificial light is another reason to believe the conspiracy. The only light was the sun. The sun gave off light which was the only light source that the astronauts could use. They didnt have any flashlights so why were the pictures and footage so clear and how were their entire bodies so visible when pictures were shown. Also, when the astronauts rode off away from the moon, dust should have been on the lunar landral. There was nothing but the footsteps left on the moon.To me, the entire going to the moon and landing on it was a conspiracy.

I see where you are coming from D'Keiya, but i beg to differ. On the contrary there should be a small breeze on the moon since it is rotating and orbiting. Since the Sun is a massive ball of fire and light travels almost instantaneously, the sun could have been enough light for the astronauts to film and take real pictures. Also the video really only focused on one side of the argument. I see it as propaganda almost, blinding you to join their side. One last thing, if NASA was able to alter the pictures, how do we know that the makers of this video, or rather, the conspirators in it, couldn't alter real pictures of us really landing on the moon as well?

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

Post  jackie!!schultz Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Kara Gordon wrote: Do I believe that we landed on the moon...up until this past week I would have said yes, but now I am not so sure. ln the movie there were some very convincing evidence. First, they talk about the fact that the flag on the moon waved eventhough there is no wind on the moon. Then there is area 51 that could have been used to film a fake moon landing. Lastly, there are the suspicious deaths of various astronauts and people involved with the moon landings. Even with those facts, I still can't be decided because I didn't really hear much of the other side and their evidence that we landed on the moon.

[b] Kara, I definitely agree with you in that there needs to be more evidence from NASA's side. The documentary was very biased and did not give NASA an actual chance to explain what really happened.

jackie!!schultz

Back to top Go down

Post  jackie!!schultz Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 pm

gater.kiana wrote:The video showed an argument that many question, did Americans really go to the moon? The answer to that is your own faith and belief. The video pointed out the fact that the pictures looked altered. Back in the 1960s, graphic design wasn't as advanced as it was now, leaving more room to make mistakes and possibly, not even the ability to alter the photos. If that is the case, maybe we did go to the moon. The Fox video also pointed out lighting and duplicated environments. Certain landscaping did seem fairly the same, but could it be possible that the moon is similar all over? Could it be since there is no wind and barely an atmosphere? This brings me to another hint. If there is indeed no atmosphere, how could the American flag move? In this video the scientists explained this and how a suit is made and to survive with them, only more evidence to fight against this victory. Personally, I still hold true to my original belief, we did land the lunar module on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin did set foot on the moon. The video posed great details and arguments that beg to differ, but, as I said, this dispute is a battle of faith and belief. So really, we didn't go to the moon? Question

Kiana, I like all of your explanations to the conspiracy theorists' arguments. Common sense shows us that we really did land on the moon, but as you said, it is also a matter of faith. I personally think it is sad that so many people do not trust our government to give us the truth!

jackie!!schultz

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Huddleston1 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Jharold21 wrote:After watching this video of the conspiracy theory, it deffinately makes you think. The thoughts, theories, and assumptions made by the researches are mind bogoling, but the invigorating thing was that they made since. True there is no air on the moon and the landing could of easily been fake, but the fact is we will never know. We can sit here an think all we want, but the only way we will know is if somebody had absolute proof about the landing being a hoax. So if you ask me its a matter of beleif. Do you trust our government? Do you beleive in them? Could it of all been a hoax to boost American moral......these are you have to ask yourself....AND FOR ME....I really dont know, but i believe it could've been faked. That would be Scan but hey.....like i said idk rabbit
I do agree, it does get you thinking, but also there are people who don't trust the government already and try to find flaws in every little thing they do. In my opinion I think these are the people who are coming up with these theories.

Logan Huddleston1

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Huddleston1 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

CiaraSmith wrote:My thoughts are that the man to the moon was hoax to restore hope back in America..I belive this is a hoax because of the flag blowing on the moon there is no wind in space.we are meant to believe that the setting around the moon is dark so therefore there wouldnt be enough light to create shadows.or take clear pictures.even the astronauts had doubts about if they could go to the moon and they all ended up dead..a total of ten astronaunts end up dead isnt something that just happens.How could u even get past the radiation belts that rt around are earth to get to space? U wud mostly likely burn..I dont think america is that advance to create something to get past this.They also showed pics and there were no stars u r in space u would think the stars wud burn even brighter now that ur closer to them. I think not landing i on the moon is more believable to me than actually landing on the moon at least to me.
I disagree with you. The flag kept waving because there was no air on the moon. One thing that stops the flags from waving after we post them here on Earth is the air resistance. Now with the clear pictures, the moon reflects the suns light, so some of that light could have hit the objects and made them easier to see. Now with the no stars situation, i have my own theory, what makes the stars hard to see here on earth is light pollution, and since the moon reflects the light it receives it would make some sense that the moon is reflecting enough light to block out the light of the stars able to be seen from the surface.

Logan Huddleston1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonesayy Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 pm

[quote="Erika Edmonds"] I agree with erika. They def could have changed the pics and Ibet they did. I think the real conspricacy is coming from the men trying to say we didn't land on the moon because we did and they tried to change the pics around to fool ppl into taking there side so they coul make money

Jonesayy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next