H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Hour - China's Population

+14
chrisprincivalli
BriannaMoore
megan Gates
ssaraheadess
Cheli Foster
arielaskew
JennyHuynh123
DanManzella
kurt.ragan
maryamnewman
BrittanyE
Arock iHurdle
Ben Johnson
Admin
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty Re: 5th Hour - China's Population

Post  BriannaMoore Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:36 pm

JennyHuynh123 wrote:I think China's population solution is ridiculous. You can not tell someone to only have 1 kid and expect them to give up their other kids. WOW it's a shame that they've taken this solution to far. Little kids are abandoned, put in orphanages, and sometimes even killed because of the govt basically. Everybody should have the right to have how many kids they would like, it shouldn't matter, but to punish them for giving someone a new life, is too overboard.

I think what makes the situation even more backwards is that there are some parents who think about the effect of their decision on their baby girl's life after giving them up...its a little too late to wonder if your child is living a wonderful life in America or if she even lived

BriannaMoore

Back to top Go down

Post  BriannaMoore Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 pm

megan Gates wrote:I understand why the government came up with the solution that each couple can only have one child; however I don't think that they took into consideration that this will have a negative effect on the male population(because everyone wants a boy instead of a girl). The video says that for ever 100 girls there are 130 boys this means that in the future alot of men wont be able to find a significant other. This will make them unable to start a family, and will lead them to take alternatives such as joining gangs, rapping, robbing, and doing other distructive activities. So with this being said I feel like when China's government afficals came up with this law were each couple is alowed one child they bypassed the facted that they will have a problem with gender ratio wich will lead to social disorder in thier country.

I agree with the law that every couple is allowed one child, because I feel that that is a good method to try to minimize population growth. I just feel like the government did a poor job on weighing out the pros and cons of this matter, if they would have considered the cons of this law then they probably would have came up with an even better plan that wont lead to social disorder.

I do believe that the government could have did a better job organizing their methods but I see where your coming from

BriannaMoore

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty Wat U wann?!!!! ugh Crab ragoon? . . .

Post  chrisprincivalli Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Its a double edged sword here. The Chinese government isnt mandating how many kids you can have for fun....NO! there doing it because alot of there population is very poor anyway alot of chinese people dont have adequate resources for there population. So to stop mass chaos of not having eough resource ( food water shelter ETC.) they decieded to have this mandate that will only slow down there huge population. there not trying to be big tough bullys and shpw how they can control there people even in the bedroom no! its to save the futurre of the government and chinese society. and yes i do think its alright to punish then because its a rule and there not allowed to break it.

chrisprincivalli

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisprincivalli Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:09 pm

BrittanyE wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?
I think that China's population solution is stupid. It is stupid because tons if parents have to leave their children or kill them in order to live a normal life. Tons of families are torn apart because of this rule. I think it is ethical because of the growing population but i think the thing they should mandate most is the increasing boy population that has suddenly aroused. I dont think the parents should be punished if they have more than as long as it is maintained under a certain amount.
Hey dont be a man hater you cant stop the regulation of boys because ya need both genders to have a successful culture ad society.

chrisprincivalli

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisprincivalli Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Ben Johnson wrote:I believe china's population solution if effective but wrong, how can a government limit that amount of children someone wants to have? I think its unethical, and just wrong. Even more so, punishing people for not following the guidelines is worse, in that sense theyve gone too far, people would still only have one child but others may or may not have more than one. Limiting life like that is wrong, what if one of those unborn children would have solved the cure for cancer or aids? The government went too far with their "population solution".
you cant say that question because you will never know and if so lets keep poping out kids until one of those kids solves a deadly disease! And No! the chinese government is doing a good thing.. think i the near future with no government mandate there will be millions maybe even billions of starving kids dieing because there just arent that many resources to go around. wouldnt that be totally NO BUENO?

chrisprincivalli

Back to top Go down

Post  arielaskew Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

BrittanyE wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?
I think that China's population solution is stupid. It is stupid because tons if parents have to leave their children or kill them in order to live a normal life. Tons of families are torn apart because of this rule. I think it is ethical because of the growing population but i think the thing they should mandate most is the increasing boy population that has suddenly aroused. I dont think the parents should be punished if they have more than as long as it is maintained under a certain amount.
I agree because China's population solution isnt really benefiting anyone because the population is greatly uneven in means of male to female and children are being harmed and neglected.

arielaskew

Back to top Go down

Post  arielaskew Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 pm

JennyHuynh123 wrote:I think China's population solution is ridiculous. You can not tell someone to only have 1 kid and expect them to give up their other kids. WOW it's a shame that they've taken this solution to far. Little kids are abandoned, put in orphanages, and sometimes even killed because of the govt basically. Everybody should have the right to have how many kids they would like, it shouldn't matter, but to punish them for giving someone a new life, is too overboard.
I agree with you because China's governement is basically trying to get rid of majority of the girls and should'nt be able to have a say on a families choice of the number of children they want.

arielaskew

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty Poor Chinese babies

Post  lindsay-moody Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 pm

I think that China should not put a restriction on how many babies a person can have because eventually, Chinese men will have no one to choose from for a wife. multiple men may share one wife, prostitution will become unavoidable. Women are stolen and sold now, but that will become much worse. Something needs to change.

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty UNFAIR

Post  Hayz.Adkison Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Watching the video made me kind of sad. i don't think that china's rule is very fair at all. Sooner or later the entire population will be full of all boys and the options to reproduce wont be able to happen anymore. I think that china should change their rule and allow everyone to have at least two kids, one girl and one boy. This will raise the population a little bit but it will also keep the generations and constant population growth growing. If i had the opportunity to adopt a child i would most def. take the opportunity to do so. I think china is making a huge mistake and they need to rethink what the are doing to the population growth and the families in china.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayz.Adkison Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Ben Johnson wrote:I believe china's population solution if effective but wrong, how can a government limit that amount of children someone wants to have? I think its unethical, and just wrong. Even more so, punishing people for not following the guidelines is worse, in that sense theyve gone too far, people would still only have one child but others may or may not have more than one. Limiting life like that is wrong, what if one of those unborn children would have solved the cure for cancer or aids? The government went too far with their "population solution".

i totally agree with you. I think the same thing. and i think you are right. what if one of those girls that they just leave around was the one of the people that could change their lives forever. They would never know who it could be. I hope china really takes a second look at what they are doing.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayz.Adkison Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Cheli Foster wrote:I think China's population solution is really cruel. It puts their citizens in a position to make decisions that I believe haunt them for quite awhile as shown in the video China's Girls. I do think it is unethical for the government to mandate how many children a couple can have and then punish them for it. Obviously China's citizens arent happy! if they are they soon wont be when it turns into violent fights over the few females they have now. . unhappy citizens=un happy governmentif you ask me.. I think ultimately the government trying to mandate their citizens children is unethical because it is putting the wrong imagery into their citizens mind and setting up unhealthy habits that will greatly affect them in the future.

Chelsea you are absolutely right about this. I don't think that China should have any restrictions on giving birth. I think it is cruel for them to make the mothers pay just to have another child or to have a girl. Babies are not a piece of land or expensive items they are a gift from God and China needs to rethink about their rules. I think that sooner or later their population will start to drop due to all the males. Hopefully when that time comes China's Government will having a turning point on how they run things.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Johnson Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

kurt.ragan wrote:

i like what you said, i feel that the government limiting the kids is wrong because it is unfair and is almost like taking someones life.

thanks for agreeing and i too believe it is like taking a life.

Ben Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Johnson Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:34 pm

lindsay-moody wrote:I think that China should not put a restriction on how many babies a person can have because eventually, Chinese men will have no one to choose from for a wife. multiple men may share one wife, prostitution will become unavoidable. Women are stolen and sold now, but that will become much worse. Something needs to change.

this is a strange view but i like the fact that you incorporate marriage and prostitution into life, good thinking

Ben Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsay-moody Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 am

kurt.ragan wrote:I think that China's population solution is a very bad one. i think its bad because families have begun throwing girls away because they want a son. they should be able to have whatever kids they want but with no financial aid either way. if u want a kid you better be able to pay for it.

Its so sad. Little babies dying just because they are girls. It makes me want to adopt

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsay-moody Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 am

I agree... and I also think that the government shouldn't be able to control choices that people make concerning families. It sucks.

lindsay-moody

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty I agree that China's population laws are unethical, but necessary.

Post  Chopper789 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Since China's population growth is at such an alarming rate, it would seem imperative for the Chinese government to enforce such laws on its population for the good of its own people. However, there should be less strict regulations regarding if a second child happens to be born in a family.

Chopper789

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper789 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:41 pm

lindsay-moody wrote:
kurt.ragan wrote:I think that China's population solution is a very bad one. i think its bad because families have begun throwing girls away because they want a son. they should be able to have whatever kids they want but with no financial aid either way. if u want a kid you better be able to pay for it.

Its so sad. Little babies dying just because they are girls. It makes me want to adopt

Maybe that is something you can look forward to in the future.

Chopper789

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper789 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:56 pm

I agree with Kurt and Chris. These laws are simultaneously beneficial and injurious in that China's population is kept under control, yet countless baby girls are neglected by their families who either are unwilling to cater for it or are willing to do so but cannot afford to pay any fines.

Chopper789

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty save the babies!

Post  KristinaRider Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm

I do not think that China's laws about limiting children and favoring boys is fair. It brings stress and anxiety upon the woman because she is determined to give birth to a boy to carry on the family name. Married couples may also want more then one child. The law doesnt favor the happiness of their citizens. Its sad that many baby girls there are aborted or left in the streets because their parents wanted a boy, but luckly some American's are willing to go to the process of adopting a girl and giving her a much better life.

KristinaRider

Back to top Go down

Post  KristinaRider Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

lindsay-moody wrote:I think that China should not put a restriction on how many babies a person can have because eventually, Chinese men will have no one to choose from for a wife. multiple men may share one wife, prostitution will become unavoidable. Women are stolen and sold now, but that will become much worse. Something needs to change.
I agree completely with you. If they lift the law, then the men will soon have women to choose from for a wife.

KristinaRider

Back to top Go down

Post  KristinaRider Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree with you, and to add to your point, i think families will be happy with more then one child.

KristinaRider

Back to top Go down

Post  KristinaRider Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree with you, and to add to your point, i think families will be happier with more then one child.

KristinaRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2