H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - The Colony

+19
Trey Neal
AlexisGonzalez
alexushughes
camenistic strickland
Jharold21
BriaMcGhee1
ROBBYECANADA
Devin McCullough
ChrissyMaes
jackie!!schultz
adamobrock
Logan Huddleston1
Erika Edmonds
Kara Gordon
brianadreid16
dkeiyathomas
JessLockette
Jonesayy
Admin
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3rd Hour - The Colony - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - The Colony

Post  Lara Hamdan Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Jonesayy wrote:In my mind its always I have t do what it takes to survive. I know wen u re actually put in a situation things aredifferen but honestly I think I could survive. People may see me as smeone who is a joke and useless but I beg to differ. Iwould have cooked that snake andate it if thats what it took to survive. The only thing I think I would contribute to the group is getting food. I am very patient when need to be speially if it cameto gettin food. I feel I would survive also because I would fight to the dath no one wouldbe able to take the food away because I would be ready to kill. I would survive beause I would be determined to survive.

Thats good bria, i agree with you, we need people like you in our world. Mainly because not everyone is a fighter, just like myself, so if people have different strengths then they can work together and get more accomplished.Smile

Lara Hamdan

Back to top Go down

Post  CiaraSmith Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:06 pm

So i think i would be able to survive any those harsh of conditions.Because i think i wud bring a good source of organizational skills..and create a workin system within the colony.

CiaraSmith

Back to top Go down

Post  CiaraSmith Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:21 pm

I cant imagining a situation happening of this magnuitude i think someone this was pretty far fetched aand out there

CiaraSmith

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Jonesayy wrote:In my mind its always I have t do what it takes to survive. I know wen u re actually put in a situation things aredifferen but honestly I think I could survive. People may see me as smeone who is a joke and useless but I beg to differ. Iwould have cooked that snake andate it if thats what it took to survive. The only thing I think I would contribute to the group is getting food. I am very patient when need to be speially if it cameto gettin food. I feel I would survive also because I would fight to the dath no one wouldbe able to take the food away because I would be ready to kill. I would survive beause I would be determined to survive.

Bria's right. No matter how you think you would be in a situation, it's going to be different once it actually happens.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Lara Hamdan wrote: This was really weird and i just couldn't imagine this happening to me.
affraid
Anyway, the best thing the colonists ended up doing was trying to purify the water. I've fasted many times so i know i'd be able to survive a little while without food, but like what we learned in class, we could only go a week without water. So the best thing to do would be make sure there is access to water. Also i think it would be a good idea to split into gruops, one for each task. I would fit in the group of getting water and cleaning it. But there would be other groups for getting food, keeping shelter protected, etc. I would not be able to kill animals, i would feel too sorry, but i would eat them as long as i didnt kill them. And as for being a fighter...i dont think so.

Lara has a point, the colonists were smart to make the water purifying their first task. I don't think I could kill the animals either.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  JessLockette Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 pm

[quote="dkeiyathomas"] I agree. I wouldn't be the lazy one. i may not feel like doing it, but i have to do it so that we can survive.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 am

Jharold21 wrote:BEin in this certain situation, if i was in this situation, AT first i wouldnt know what to do but sooner or later it would come to my head that i have to get my self together and do what i can to help myself and the people im with. And YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT i would bring to the table...FIRST OF ALL.. Strength....Second, Skills....THird, Smarts!!....LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT>>>>>>>SWAAGGGGG!!!! lol Razz Laughing .....ON sum real
lol i get what u saying when you say that you wouldnt knw what to do at first. . BUT how would swagg even contribute to helping anybody out? lol you jst crazy man.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:26 am

Lara Hamdan wrote: This was really weird and i just couldn't imagine this happening to me.
affraid
Anyway, the best thing the colonists ended up doing was trying to purify the water. I've fasted many times so i know i'd be able to survive a little while without food, but like what we learned in class, we could only go a week without water. So the best thing to do would be make sure there is access to water. Also i think it would be a good idea to split into gruops, one for each task. I would fit in the group of getting water and cleaning it. But there would be other groups for getting food, keeping shelter protected, etc. I would not be able to kill animals, i would feel too sorry, but i would eat them as long as i didnt kill them. And as for being a fighter...i dont think so.
you really are right . because with them splitting into groups it would organize things alot more than most people would think . and purifying water was the smartest thing to do in my opinion

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Kara Gordon wrote:
JessLockette wrote:If I was placed in the same scenario, I think I would be able to fight the people that tried to take our stuff (not all the people). We worked hard to get what we had and im not gonna let other people take it away. I would be able to try and catch food like fish. If i was in that situatuin, then i would do whetever it takes to survive. I think that when im there i would forget about all the technology and the luxuries that we have now and be able to adapt to stay alive.
I do not know if I would be able to fight against outsiders very well or not and I know everyone would not be able to do so? If you were in the same situation would you see who was best able to fight off outsiders?

I agree with kara. Yes, protection and defense is important, but at the same I think that it is just as, if not more important to listen and try and copperate rather than fight fight fight.

danirivera

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Jharold21 wrote:
Logan Huddleston1 wrote:The biggest priority is definitely water. You can only go about a week with out water at the most, and that is if you are doing nothing and not sweating. You need water to survive and that is the end of it. I do think that after the first time they had invaders that they should have came up with some type of plan for just in case there were intruders again and especially if there were more. Their priorities were good for the information that they had. There didn't sound like there was anything wrong with them.

_I agree with you a hujndred percetn bro swagg,

I was thinking the same thing! If I was in their position, water would be my main priorty. I think they were smart enough to figure out how to purify it. However, they could have been a little smarter when it came guarding the area against outsiders.

danirivera

Back to top Go down

Post  danirivera Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

In all honesty , i don't know how I would act if I was in the colony.I would like to think I would bring trust and brains to the table. I would try my best to help out in every area. I think it was really smart of them to get the water, food, and shelter together. I give them props! Espeacily, on the water because that is most important. But, like everyone else is saying.... they pretty much sucked when it came to protection. Thumbs down!

danirivera

Back to top Go down

Post  gater.kiana Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:52 pm

\[/quote]
If I was put in this situation for 50+ days, i think i would be scared and nervous. Going into a situation with strangers, you never know how things could turn out. I could bring a lot to the table. I've been taught how to create and shoot a bow and arrow and I'm very experienced with fishing. I think to survive in their environment they have to pick and choose the most effective ways to survive and prioritize what needs to be done.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

Post  gater.kiana Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:54 pm

affraid
I agree with you Lara! I can maybe go a little without food, but water is the most basic thing everyone needs.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

Post  gater.kiana Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 pm

jackie!!schultz wrote:Honestly, I really dont think that I would do very well in a situation like in the Colony. I would not do very well at killing animals for food, dealing with injuries, or staying calm. Plus I am super uncoordinated; not a great asset. But i think i have some valuable skills to offer. I am good at cooking, a good negotiator, and can do a lot of different tasks, instead of just one. Hopefully, though, i would never need to do any of that!
I am definitely with you on that Jackie, but all in all I don't mind hunting. Its a way to survive.

gater.kiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3