H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science

+12
alexushughes
brianadreid16
ROBBYECANADA
adamobrock
Keith E. Reece
Logan Huddleston1
Kara Gordon
ChrissyMaes
camenistic strickland
JessLockette
Erika Edmonds
Admin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science

Post  CiaraSmith Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 pm

before visiting this website I was a skeptic of the supernatural.After visiting the website it really did not change my tho
ughts.I don't believe paranormal stuff it isn't really factual. The fact that 40% of science teachers believe that Paranormal activity junk is surprising because science teacher usually teach you facts and things that can proven.

CiaraSmith

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science

Post  ROBBYECANADA Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:20 pm

JessLockette wrote:Before the video, I belived in paranormal activity, and i still do. But, really? Orbs? No one cares about orbs. When people go into haunted houses, they are not going hoping to see orbs, they are going to feel cold spots, and see if there is paranormal activity in that house, or where ever they are. Paranormal actiivity isn't just about orbs.

I agree. I don't quite understand what orbs are. But they have to be important if they wrote a whole article about them. Paranormal activity is a very broad thing, so I agree that its not just orbs.

ROBBYECANADA

Back to top Go down

Post  ROBBYECANADA Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

CiaraSmith wrote:before visiting this website I was a skeptic of the supernatural.After visiting the website it really did not change my tho
ughts.I don't believe paranormal stuff it isn't really factual. The fact that 40% of science teachers believe that Paranormal activity junk is surprising because science teacher usually teach you facts and things that can proven.

I agree with that, science teachers are usually people that believe in factual things, but I guess that's why theirs not a majority of scientists that feel that way. But I think that's the point of paranormal activity its not based off facts, its a weird, abstract study. Science can't sum it up.

ROBBYECANADA

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:11 am

Kara Gordon wrote: I find it very surprising that fourty percent of science teachers believe in the paranormal. They are the ones who are telling us to follow what science says is fact. Concerning paranormal things there is scientific proof that disclaims these things. One thing is the orb theory. People believe that these orbs are paranormal when in all reality they are just dust particles floating around that are caught in the light. Another example is the cold spots. Some say that these cold spots are caused by ghosts when in all reality it is just someone's brain messing with them and making them think it is just colder. That is why I am surprised.

I agree with Kara, it's very surprising that science teachers would believe in the paranormal. Many of those things can be explained with science.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:14 am

Keith E. Reece wrote:Really people... orbs. I see those when I look at a bright light for too long. These orbs are nothing more than a light trick. Paranormal my butt!

Haha I agree, orbs just have to do with the camera lense and light, the same thing happens when you wear glasses.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - Paranormal & Science - Page 2 Empty Paranormal

Post  Devin McCullough Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm

1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?

The website acually seems really intersting there are a lot of things to read about if one were to believe or may start beleiving I the paranormal. My belief of the paranormal is the same as i was before i viewed the website. I believe that there are ghosts in some places and they leave a certain ora in an area when they die. My belief stays the same on the paranormal.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin McCullough Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm

ROBBYECANADA wrote:1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?

I still believe in paranormal activity to an extent. However, I don't think that science plays a role in understanding it. Science is more of a solid factual study, whereas paranormal activity is more of an abstract idea. Science can detect possible evidence of paranormal activity like temperature changes, but the actual finding I don't think that it can be useful by itself.

Robbye i agreee with you and the way you put your ideas together. Science does display more as a soldi fact.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin McCullough Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Kara Gordon wrote: I find it very surprising that fourty percent of science teachers believe in the paranormal. They are the ones who are telling us to follow what science says is fact. Concerning paranormal things there is scientific proof that disclaims these things. One thing is the orb theory. People believe that these orbs are paranormal when in all reality they are just dust particles floating around that are caught in the light. Another example is the cold spots. Some say that these cold spots are caused by ghosts when in all reality it is just someone's brain messing with them and making them think it is just colder. That is why I am surprised.

Kara you do make a good point. When you think about the number of science teachers believing in it it just doesnt make any sense.

Devin McCullough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2