H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands

+11
Trey Neal
Devin McCullough
ROBBYECANADA
Kara Gordon
ChrissyMaes
JessLockette
brianadreid16
Logan Huddleston1
Erika Edmonds
camenistic strickland
Admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands

Post  JessLockette Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:49 pm

[quote="camenistic strickland"] I think you r absolutely right. the animals were there first and we cant just come in and take their home awat from them.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands

Post  JessLockette Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 pm

[quote="Devin McCullough"] You are right. we are the reason that exotic species are slowly declining.

JessLockette

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - Humans Threaten the Galapagos Islands - Page 2 Empty Galapago Islands

Post  CamRivers95 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Is protecting endangered & threatened species from extinction important even if some people may
not be able to visit & learn about the wildlife on the Galapagos Islands? What kind of question is this. This questions shows you the mind set of human beings and their act of selfishness and cruelty. Of course we should not go visit the Galapago Island if it consist of any living , "LIVING" organism. I just don't get it sometimes when humans think there the only thing on this planet that matter. Animals are important just as much as humans , they both live eat, and sleep. So besides them being an animal we still share the same connection in our community animals play a better part and society way more than humans. Animals keep the food chains and web in cycle and removing them or causing one to go extinct can have along term effect on our society ,even if we don't see it. Just like in the video our biggest issue are fossil fuels and us not being able to transfer over to recycled energy qucikly . The emissons and fuels we use every day are slowly killing our planet and the Galapagos island by pollution .

CamRivers95

Back to top Go down

Post  CiaraSmith Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 pm

i agree with erika the endangered species should have more say then tourist that are invadin on there home. and quote devin were the reason that the population of endanged species are slowly declining. We need to stop being selfish and take care of something with more care and special when were the reason for it it being messed up.

CiaraSmith

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Protecting endangered species and wildlife is far more important then just letting tourist do what they want or not be able to visit. I say this because as we have been saying for a while now that we live off of animals and what they do. If it takes us keeping them alive for us to survive than it needs to happen. Tourist dont belong there in the first place that is why they are visiting! if they were meant to be there than they would respect the land alot more, and they would try to better the communty. not dirty it up and make life more difficult for the animals than it already is.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 am

CamRivers95 wrote:Is protecting endangered & threatened species from extinction important even if some people may
not be able to visit & learn about the wildlife on the Galapagos Islands? What kind of question is this. This questions shows you the mind set of human beings and their act of selfishness and cruelty. Of course we should not go visit the Galapago Island if it consist of any living , "LIVING" organism. I just don't get it sometimes when humans think there the only thing on this planet that matter. Animals are important just as much as humans , they both live eat, and sleep. So besides them being an animal we still share the same connection in our community animals play a better part and society way more than humans. Animals keep the food chains and web in cycle and removing them or causing one to go extinct can have along term effect on our society ,even if we don't see it. Just like in the video our biggest issue are fossil fuels and us not being able to transfer over to recycled energy qucikly . The emissons and fuels we use every day are slowly killing our planet and the Galapagos island by pollution .
I agree all the WAY !! i like how you added in the fact that humans are selfish because its true. You made me re-read my answer and think if it was selfish. which it was because i was saying we should look out for the animals because they help us live. when really, we should look out for them because they are living TOO ! not because it will benifit us in the long run. great answer.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyMaes Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:10 am

camenistic strickland wrote:Duh! Why wouldn't we protect the endangered species that were on the Galapagos Islands for decades and centuries before humans. This sounds harsh but if things get out of hand the local economy will have to take a pause, because living things can't be renewed once their gone, naturally that is. Cars should be rare if not eliminated with only motorcycles and the use of commercial trucks, or maybe those mini cars that you'd find in Tokyo. Also make sure development is limited given its ecological importance. All together this is a no brainer, save the animals. If just a few of those species die and its because of humans being on the island, something is seriously wrong, and I mean it. The animals were there first and I feel we as the 'most intelligent race' need to respect that. study afro

Cameron makes a good point, once a living thing is gone it cannot be brought back. All cars and development should be reduced on the island so that less waste and pollution is produced. "The most intelligent race" needs to do the intelligent thing and save the animals.

ChrissyMaes

Back to top Go down

Post  BriaMcGhee1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:15 am

Lara Hamdan wrote:OF course protecting the life of those endangered species should be more imprtant. If more tourists are allowed to come on the island than they would die. Humans contribute to the animals dying in the Galopogas Islands, and the quicker they die, the less people would want to come anyway. I think that only people who are specialized in taking care of the animals should be there, and for the tourist that want to see the species, i think there should a a time twice a year where they let people visit the islands and explore the naimals, like shark week at the zoo, they are on display that one week, its a win/win deal. The animals would be saved on the islands, and the tourists can come visit. Very Happy

I think you are right, this is a soulution that will benifit both humans and animals. I never thought of it as if people go there for the animals but now that i think about it you are right. if the animals died then they wouldnt even want to come and visit. so they shoud put their best effort into preserving the life so that they can have a good vacation spot.

BriaMcGhee1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2