H.Biology Discussion Board 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Hour - Chief Seattle

+20
Hayz.Adkison
kurt.ragan
Cheli Foster
ssaraheadess
Azia Aldridge
arielaskew
Ben Johnson
Arock iHurdle
lindsay-moody
chrisprincivalli
Zach Huhmann
serenasomerville
BriannaMoore
maryamnewman
Chopper789
KristinaRider
ScubaSteve.Smith
BrittanyE
DanManzella
Admin
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

5th Hour - Chief Seattle - Page 3 Empty Re: 5th Hour - Chief Seattle

Post  Hayz.Adkison Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 pm

BriannaMoore wrote:Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect.
For the past couple of weeks we have discussed that everything we do whether its directly or indirectly it effects us all. If we do not make a change or at least try to solve any new issues that arise in our environment we will regret it later.Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens.
Not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. flower

I agree and I like how you put that together. Like how everything we do whether its directly or indirectly it effects us all. Thats true.

Hayz.Adkison

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassandra Carpenter Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 pm

I think what you said brittany was very true, but i don't agree with we cant control with what happens to other species. I believe if we do what we are supposed to do and what as a whole we can control what happens to other species or at least control what happens to some of them.

Cassandra Carpenter

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - Chief Seattle - Page 3 Empty Positive

Post  Cheli Foster Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:37 am

Yes we can see in our everyday lives that many of us do truly believe that we are the most importan thing in this world. And the negative things we hae done ALWAYS come back to bite us in the butt! Yet we have not raised a leader powerful enough to show people that we need to focus on positively affecting our world! Love tha symbolism Smile

lindsay-moody wrote:I think a lot of people hardly realize that they are not the most important thing and that the world does not revolve around them. when Chief Seattle said "Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself," he couldn't have been more correct. We aren't the most important thing, but anything we do can either positively or negatively impact the world. and mostly... the negative things we do tend to come back and bite us in the butt. What a Face

Cheli Foster

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - Chief Seattle - Page 3 Empty Encouraging!

Post  Cheli Foster Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 am

You are so on the point! Life is not about what happens, its about how you respond that is true within everyone's lives great thougt bree!!

BriannaMoore wrote:Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
All things connect.
For the past couple of weeks we have discussed that everything we do whether its directly or indirectly it effects us all. If we do not make a change or at least try to solve any new issues that arise in our environment we will regret it later.Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens.
Not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. flower

Cheli Foster

Back to top Go down

Post  RandallJYoung Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 am

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
All things connect.

Maybe if all things are connected the pesticides and pollution at the bottom comes all the way back to us and is causing the numerous cancers and ill effects that we are facing today.

RandallJYoung

Back to top Go down

Post  RandallJYoung Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:16 am

Ben Johnson wrote:
When Chief Seattle said "Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." I thought about it and really understood what he was saying. When we do things to the earth we are accually hurting ourselves. We breathe the oxygen in the air, eat food from the ground, and drink water that comes from mother nature. We are connected with the earth whether we like it or not, and all we are doing is destroying ourselves. People should think about what they are accually doing before they act.

exactly we are indirectly poisoning ourselves when we try to poison other creatures.

RandallJYoung

Back to top Go down

Post  RandallJYoung Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 am

Cheli Foster wrote:Dear Bulletin,

This quote just really get the wheels of my brain turning.
Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does
to the web, he does to himself.
I completly agree with this quote. For some reasin man, ourseles, seem to think on this notion that we created this Earth and have full reign. When honestly, we dont! We did not place the rivers, did not lay the mountains into place, nor did we create the continents. Man did not invent the Earth. The Earth invinted man. All of this wasting away our resources, water, food, fossil fuels, is not only hurting the Earth, It hurts ourselves. We are and have killed off specific parts of the food chain. In turn it has DEFINANTLY affected the rest of the web of life. Man is so self centered that we think the Earth revovles around us. Well, it doesnt. Chief Seattle clearly stated that. Also, whoever said this guy was boring was wrong. I actually found it quite moving and intriguing. So I'd like to know why you felt that way.

Chel

I agree, we have to respect the earth and not just use it for what it has.

RandallJYoung

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - Chief Seattle - Page 3 Empty Chief Seattle's Thinking

Post  david71795 Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
All things connect. i agree with this because everything we do to our land, or
other people will come back to us. What goes around comes around. If we take
care of our land and people, we will be good off.

david71795

Back to top Go down

Post  JennyHuynh123 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 pm

"Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself."

I think he meant that humans did not create Earth, we're just as important as the plants & animals. And wht we do to the Earth is our responsibility, we did this to ourselves and we did this to the Earth, whatever we do, it does have an affect on the world.

JennyHuynh123

Back to top Go down

Post  JennyHuynh123 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 pm

david71795 wrote:Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
All things connect. i agree with this because everything we do to our land, or
other people will come back to us. What goes around comes around. If we take
care of our land and people, we will be good off.

You couldn't have said this any better. It's true that what goes around comes around, everything is connected some way some how.

JennyHuynh123

Back to top Go down

Post  JennyHuynh123 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Arock iHurdle wrote:After watching the brief video about Chief Seattle and his plea for his people and mankind as a whole, I totally agree with his argument. He says "All things share the same breath ... with all the life it supports" and this quote really makes a statement. Metaphorically this is true because even though we are all different we still inhabit the same worl and if we are going to go on with stability and flourish as a species (Homo-Sapien-Sapien), then we need to treat each other as equals.

Your right! We should treat everything as equals, we intend to be kind of self- centered. Not everything revoloves around us, and thats what we need to start realizing.

JennyHuynh123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3